Horrible Panasonic Service EDIT: RESOLVED

Infected

Skilled
Hi,

I am here to vent out my frustration over Panasonic Service maybe. Anyway, what I have faced is very disappointing. Panasonic people have not been able to fix my Plasma which is in warranty and have given me no confirmed time either. I ask them to get me in touch with someone higher who I can maybe talk to or whatever but they just give me some Customer Service number and tell me I can can complain to whoever I like. And they don't really seem to care.

I was the first one on the forum and probably the first piece in the country of this highly recommended Plasma the TH-P42V20D. My review and initial impressions were in the following thread:
http://www.hifivision.com/television...nic-42v20.html, It was a very popular thread about 17 pages, I think and even Panasonic Copy pasted my review and pictures on their facebook page. That was all nice a few years ago, I thank myself for the extended warranty now.

Anyway last month the Plasma did stopped turning on, every other equipment in the Setup, Amp. PS3, Computer etc was all fine but for the Plasma. The Plasma refused to turn on and red light was blinking 7 times. I called up Panasonic, and even put an online warranty claim etc which is their process, then after 3 days did they finally show up after me contacting their service center repeatedly. I even offered to bring the TV in and drop it off, to which they refused and one fine day an engineer showed up, after 3 days of me calling and placing online complaints.

At the time the Service engineer arrived. I was not home as there was no prior call or appointment, Anyway I asked my help to let him in and check the TV or take it. Well, to cut the long story short, He came opened the TV did some checks with a millimeter and declared some board was faulty and needed to be ordered and took that board with him, and left the TV as is. And left, no confirmation of when it would be done, and just said it would take about 10-15 days. He gave my help no receipt or any copy of the Repair copy or anything to say my TV parts were with them and that they were looking into it. I kept calling them the next day to even get my job card number so that I would check it the problem was even registered. Which they finally sent, just the job card number over SMS.

Then after about 2 weeks of calling them and keeping myself updated with the progress, they get the replacement part, the same engineer comes of, fixes the part, and The plasma doesn't come on, exact same symptoms as before red light blinking 7 times. Uses his multimeter and now declares another board is not working does some stuff on the net on my PC tells me this way it would be fastter if he would order it online, and guess what, that all happened about 2 weeks ago. So today its nearly 4 weeks and everytime I call the service center now they just dont seem to know whats going on. Either they dont take my calls which happens most of the time. The rest of the time he tries to sound busy and asks someone if anything on the Plasma, and then the same answer, Yes it will be done soon. Thats all.

I dont know what to do any more. I have tried contacting them via Facebook after which they just said they will look into it but nothing except an apology call from they call center, no explanations nothing.

Why cant Panasonic send Competent Engineers, who can perform a through check, the first time itself and not after getting some parts? Or Why can't they keep the customer more informed? Where is my Service receipt?

I was using this TV in our Hotel Suite but it has now been replaced by ofcourse some other brand (cant have a dead TV in a hotel room), I dont wanna start a brand fight so I refrain, but I am using about 12 Flat screens in my property and I have never ever had an issue with any of them, I thought of going the Panasonic way but after this i am thoroughly disappointed.

This is horrible service that in about a month Panasonic have not been able to fix my TV; just for hiring incompetent Engineers who don't diagnose the problem properly; horrible support in our country where it takes them over 10 days to send on part across. NO professionalism, Engineer just walks in takes a part out of my TV and gives no receipt nothing. I dont know about everyone but i do expect better service from such a large company.

If there is anyone who can help me in getting my TV fixed please let me know. If there is anyone I can contact in Panasonic Please PM me, These guys here are completely incompetent.

Details:
Model: Panasonic TH-P42V20D
Date of Purchase: 6 June 2010
Warranty: yes 3 years

Proof is attached:Job Number: PL-ASC-1206-079831
Service Center: Akanksha Enterprise, Bhopal.

Attachments

• panasonic.JPG
    panasonic.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 270
Thats cause they have not entered it correctly,
next time the engineer came over I have him a copy of my 3 years warranty.

same problem with LG. 7th week, multiple things have been replaced, unit still does not turn on, i guess this is normal for 3-4 year old lcd's now. the claims of 10,000 hrs or so of life are just estimates under perfectly controlled lab conditions.

Do you think that an Engineer can make such silly mistakes, I don't think so, they may be screwed you :(

There is instructions to many service center- where their engineers failed due to lack of experience or inability or have no spare parts- that just push customer from promised day to other. Your complaint will not make any difference to them either higher authority or to any one because local person handling you after detail consultation with their seniors from 1st day of your complaint.

I don't know anything about plasma but if any local but experienced tech person assure you than let him allow to see your plasma he may offer his best.

Thats cause they have not entered it correctly,
next time the engineer came over I have him a copy of my 3 years warranty.

---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:09 PM ----------

Monsoon is death period for old display units (Baarish yaane purane Monitors/TV ki maut ka season) - one of computer tech person told me 5 years before when my TFT monitors display turns yellow :(

same problem with LG. 7th week, multiple things have been replaced, unit still does not urn on, i guess this is normal for 3-4 year old lcd's now.

OP dont let them off easy...drag them to consumer court if you have to...i regret not dragging APC to court to this day....b******* got off easy.

There is one Site akosha, check with them, atleast log a complaint with them. They charge some fee for court thing.

The worst is now Panasonic India has banned me from posting on their page!!
So I can't write complaints there any more.
frown.gif

Panasonic I really hope you dont treat other customers this way.
I for sure m purchasing a Panasonic product for the last time.

Also guys please check this page its full of Panasonic Horror stories:
http://www.facebook.com/panasonicindia?filter=2

The worst is now Panasonic India has banned me from posting on their page!!
So I can't write complaints there any more.
frown.gif

Panasonic I really hope you dont treat other customers this way.
I for sure m purchasing a Panasonic product for the last time.

Also guys please check this page its full of Panasonic Horror stories:
http://www.facebook.com/panasonicindia?filter=2

Your best option is to catch some press people, and highlight your problem in any newspaper, earlier there used to be a complaint column in one of the prominent dailies, don't remember which one, but going that way should be much better with a complaint/case lodged in consumer court as well!

Panasonic service is pathetic, at least in bangalore. With in 3 months of my plasma(42PV80D) purchase, TV tuner card gone and for replacing it, they took almost 1 month and for that too, i made lot of calls, sent emails and fought with them :(. And that time there is no extended warranty scheme, luckily still TV is running fine(in to 4th year)!!! Stay away from panasonic!!!

^ that pehredar program seems effective. best way to highlight a companies treatment towards people in front of millions of viewers. any company would fear such negative feedback a lot.

^^ Many of my friends have tried contacting them for their respective cases and they gave no response. Worth a shot though.

Thanks for the heads-up. I was considering buying a Panasonic Full-HD LCD. Your post has convinced me not to go for Panasonic.

PLease help me with it, I would love to complain at consumer court.
How do I go about it?
before doing that post your grouse to fightback on bloomberg utv.

we had a similar situation where in my sis had ordered a dress form starcj which had fitting problems. so initiated for exchange , we were told stocks are empty thus we are entitled to refund.

refund to be initiated only after the reverse pickup.

the reverse pickup never took place. even after two months we were left calling them everyday to arrange for the pickup.
but nothing.

posted our grouse on fightback and got the reply from starcj the same day.
the next day pickup done.

now again for cheque to arrive took about a month but no reply.

again posted it on fightback and same day got a reply that the cheque has been sent through courier.

got the cheque the next day and folowup calls were made to ensure that we received the cheque.

They have told me it will be fixed on saturday I dont know why I believe them but yeah another 48 hours I will give them.
Then I will file a complaint on the Consumer COurt on the sites someone mentioned above.
Thank you.

Also, They have blocked me from their Facebook page !! Ha ha ha !! I can't believe a company like Panasonic will block customers.
When they even copy pasted my review along with my pictures on that page when I had got the TV.
Really any other company would have treaded the customers better I am sure.

I hate it when we are given horrible service on premium products,
it really does take the fun out of the whole experience.

I had recommended this TV to so many people, I would hate to hear it if they face issues with their sets and Panasonic is this
well behaved!!

Never again Panasonic, Never another Panasonic!!

This might also be a reason why they are delaying you. I've been waiting for a few manga seasons for over 6 months now that lost complete trace after the catastrophe.

Back