Hostinger Services and Support Feedback

rootyme

Himmatwala
Adept
A friend of mine has a domain registered with Hostinger for just one year. This support feedback is centred around my experience with Hostinger as I, with help from their actual human support staff, fixed the issue with this particular domain.

Before I begin, I'd like to mention that after the Mitsu scare, I was half scared that the Hostinger support staff would randomly start screaming, abusing and demanding 500 rupees from me. I had so much going in my head, particularly the many "free advises" that I received on my Mitsu thread from members significantly more senior to me. Advises like --- "Support staff is also human and they have many ways to return the favour if treated poorly", ... "he was trying to teach them English or how they should run the website"..."They have been dealing for decades and they know what to do in such cases".. "I'd 'apologise' for my behaviour and pay the 500 as a cost of learning", ...."the industry works like this". I have nothing against the members who went out of their way to advise me but these particular lines were eerily unsettling. Asking a victim to apologise to a bully is like telling a molestation victim that the molestation could've been avoided had she been a bit more "submissive".

At first I was connected to a chat bot. Since it wasn't that helpful, I was finally connected to human support staff. It was a foreign lady. Before I could type anything, she politely asked me to wait for 5 minutes so that she could patiently go through what I had previously written to the bot. The issue was not at all big and I actually expected her to reply "You wasted our important support time. You should have done your research. Pay us 500." Turns out she didn't. She went ahead and sent me screenshots from her Laptop highlighting the steps that I needed to follow to fix the issue. I was shocked!

I didn't need that highlighting, I just needed to shown where I was going wrong. But she went out of her way to do all that. Needless to say, I understood the process perfectly and thanked her assuming that the help had effectively ended there. But hadn't! She told to me complete the process right then and there so that she could confirm the change from her end. This was a revelation! I couldn't believe my eyes. I proceeded to finish the obvious and she sent me another screenshot showing that the change was indeed reflecting. She then asked me once again if I needed help with anything else. I said no and she finally ended the chat while thanking me. The entire process took no less than 10 minutes at the very least. I rated 5/5.

I was so shocked by this pleasant experience that I ended up scrolling back to the beginning of the chat. A count revealed that inside the 10 minute window, I had thanked her six (6) times. Every "thanks" indicates to a point where I expected her to disconnect the chat.

At the end of it all, she as well as the Hostinger website did ask me how they could improve. The site kept asking me for feedback. This tells me that companies do want their customers to suggest them "how they should run their website". And it makes sense. Products and services wouldn't exist without the customers.

After this experience, I am pretty sure that no "sane" company would abuse a consumer when he writes something along the lines that I had written to Mitsu. I also know that people can randomly mix "bizarre free advice" with mostly good advise that is not necessarily sensible, rational or factual.

I've commended positively about hostinger (India) website here earlier.
Several of my interactions went fine except just one curious case, which I didn't mind.

Advises like --- "Support staff is also human and they have many ways to return the favour if treated poorly", ... "he was trying to teach them English or how they should run the website"..."They have been dealing for decades and they know what to do in such cases".. "I'd 'apologise' for my behaviour and pay the 500 as a cost of learning", ...."the industry works like this"
I stopped reading your thread in part of because of comments like this. This is absolutely deranged behaviour from this forum's members. The victim blaming and gaslighting in these statements is off the charts.

"Support staff is also human and they have many ways to return the favour if treated poorly"
This particular one is true, but what is also true is that any company that takes their customers seriously has safeguards in place to prevent precisely this sort of thing from happening, and/or catch it, escalate it, and correct it if it happens. If the rot is at the top of the company though, you're shit out of luck.

I'm glad you had a good experience with hostinger though. There are at least some companies still that have good customer support.

I've commended positively about hostinger (India) website here earlier.
Several of my interactions went fine except just one curious case, which I didn't mind.
There is no Hostinger India. Its only .in domain. They do not have any office in India which raises invoice for you purchases. All invoices are raised by their overseas offices. Ditto for Godaddy. Cross border payments or payment to a non-resident requires messy reverse-gst, tds etc compliances to be met by you as an Indian resident. If you are already in business and somebody is taking care of your daily accounts then its fine, but for a random individual, its an avoidable maze, stick to Indian registrars.
Call you CA.

Last edited:
This person should look at joining Bigg Boss, the amount of melodrama being made on a domain, seems like this person has too much time in life.

All invoices are raised by their overseas offices. Ditto for Godaddy. Cross border payments or payment to a non-resident requires messy reverse-gst, tds etc compliances to be met by you as an Indian resident.
Why are these required as a private citizen? All I'm doing is making a USD purchase, everything else, the GST etc. the registrar handles.

I just read the first two pages of the original mitsu thread—jesus! That felt like a proper scam operation and one of the most horrifying transaction experiences I've ever read.

OP tho, IDK why you bother with these and not go straight for reputed registrars for some peace of mind. Like porkbun for example. And not sure why you're going for domains that are bit more privacy friendly in the first place.

Though, it's good to hear Hostinger CS was helpful and receptive. That's how I honestly expect technical support to be delivered no matter the industry.

I stopped reading your thread
Well, in case you actually stopped there, I must add that I have received jail threats from Mitsu after being framed as a DDOS Attacker and Cyber Defacer upon demanding for refund. The company then joined this forum from a fake ID GOI-Official to publicly insult me by calling me a "paid propagandist" no less than 10-15 times. The ID profile pic got updated with a Hebrew word when others pointed out that impersonating Government Officials is a punishable offence. The ID then abused me right here by writing that I have written "bullshit". The forum admins got jail threats with a fake court order as well, right here on the forum.

Posts by the fake ID. Count how many times he writes "Paid Propagandist".
1. https://techenclave.com/threads/consumer-harassment-the-mitsu-in-way.215877/post-2502561
2. https://techenclave.com/threads/consumer-harassment-the-mitsu-in-way.215877/post-2502677
3. https://techenclave.com/threads/consumer-harassment-the-mitsu-in-way.215877/post-2503038

The following post by me contains the complete transcriptions of the calls received from Mitsu and a proper documentation of the scam's execution:
- https://techenclave.com/threads/consumer-harassment-the-mitsu-in-way.215877/post-2513750

I just read the first two pages of the original mitsu thread—jesus! That felt like a proper scam operation and one of the most horrifying transaction experiences I've ever read.
You have just seen the tip of the iceberg. If you can, go through what I have linked to right above. The call transcriptions will help you understand how terrifying this bullying was.

OP tho, IDK why you bother with these and not go straight for reputed registrars for some peace of mind. Like porkbun for example. And not sure why you're going for domains that are bit more privacy friendly in the first place.
Yep definitely western companies next time.

That's how I honestly expect technical support to be delivered no matter the industry.
Exactly.

Last edited:
The call transcriptions will help you understand how terrifying this bullying was.
Sheesh, I'm sorry you had to go through all that. I do hope you see the light at the end of the tunnel soon. TBH, I'm disappointed such companies/people exist and are given power over .IN and there's not much checks/regulations done periodically on these kind of companies. Any normal person would've been scarred just from that initial reply to your innocent query. I hope there's some severe action so that others don't fall victim to these sort of scare tactics from any such company. Cause this just ruins it for any curious person out there wanting to have their own corner of the web.

Here, we have the omniscient mega intellectual chigma male bestowing upon me his invaluable inputs without knowing anything. Nobody asked for your cheap opinion on this or to worry about the direction I invest my time in. Mind your business and showcase your trolling talents elsewhere.

Bro, I meant the person from Mitsu, not you.

Last edited:
Bro, I meant the person from Mitsu, not you.
I kind of expected this twist given the remainder of the content on my eighth post. In that case you should've written specifically that you were pointing to the company. A company is not just one person yk.

And I had not mentioned anything regarding the Mitsu incident on this thread expect the few advises and your post mentioned "this person".

Anyways, I am not here to debate on the 'probability' theories. So I'll take your word for it and remove my reply to you. No further discussions on this please.

To OP and @EHH, sorry I meant hostgator India. I mistook 'inger' with 'gator'
Good that OP got good services from hostinger, that is great.
Sorry again for mistake.

Don't know whether EHH's comment about taxes, etc. will be bothering for hostgator India. thanks in advance.

Back