Android How accurate is AccuBattery and do I need to get the battery replaced? (Samsung S10+)

iPwnz

Brutally Honest
Skilled
The phone is an S10+ and was bought used and should be about 3-4 years.
AccuBattery Health result
Screenshot_2023-12-11_131632~2.jpg

Phone battery use info:
Screenshot_2023-12-11_132351~2.jpg
Screenshot_2023-12-11_132436~2.jpg

It was only a few mins ago that I charged it fully and now it's already at 90% with minimal use. Even with a low battery health I honestly didn't think that the battery drain would be this bad.

Anyway in case I need a new battery where should I get a good aftermarket one? Original won't be feasible anymore. The phone itself seems to have battery draining issue which I blame on the Exynos chipset or its a defective piece.

Thanks.

Anyway in case I need a new battery where should I get a good aftermarket one?
Service centre. Period. My experience with phone compatible batteries has been lousy. Typically half the backup for half the cost of the original.
Original won't be feasible anymore.
Why do you say that? It's still under five years old.

S10+ launched in 2019 IIANM?

If you intend to hold onto the phone, I'd pick up a spare or two more. They will be pricey but worth it.

Service centre. Period. My experience with phone compatible batteries has been lousy. Typically half the backup for half the cost of the original.

Why do you say that? It's still under five years old. Launched in 2019 IIANM?

If you intend to hold onto the phone, I'd pick up a spare or two more. They will be pricey but worth it.
Yes 2019 but was bought in 2020 I think and I got it last year. A little over one and half year with me.
Service Center not possible at the moment.
Spare of what? The phone or the battery?

This, particular the most popular tool around, was never ever accurate for me at least. And battery-saver used to kill it.
Few custom roms do provide good in-depth stats so thats something worked for me.
So, I always resorted on a good battery charging habits thus batteries of my phones easily lasted up to 4 years.

Service Center not possible at the moment.
When then? They will say over five years old soon meaning they don't have to help you. I don't know what Samsung policy is but remember years ago Sony having these words to the effect for phones...
Spare of what? The phone or the battery?
OEM Battery of course. You won't get another chance after this.

One for the phone and another or more for the future. It will help resale value otherwise.

The thing with service centres is they work with part# s. Since you can't go there then you have to take a photo of the battery with the relevant info and WhatsApp it to them. Yeah, you will have to get the back off somehow. Don't go on teardowns from abroad as in India the batteries all have that BIS logo and numbers won't match.

It might take a few weeks to get. Then ask them to courier it to you. You replace it yourself or get someone local to do it.

Last edited:
They will say over five years old soon meaning they don't have to help you. I don't know what Samsung policy is but remember years ago Sony having these words to the effect for phones...
No such policy as far as authorised Samsung service is concerned.

I got the battery on my S10 replaced less than 6 months ago in Pune.
Turnaround time was less than 4 hours.

Genuine spares (new new and not new old stock) are still available for these phones or they will order one for your phone if needed.

Edit : They do warn you of the risk and chances of having the rear glass broken during disassembly and the cost to replace it since it's an old phone.
and also the chances of the colour / film under the glass chipping.

Edit : They do warn you of the risk and chances of having the rear glass broken during disassembly and the cost to replace it since it's an old phone.
and also the chances of the colour / film under the glass chipping.
Are they saying they are not going to take responsibility if they break anything? What's the point of so-called authorized service center then?

Of course there's always a chance. My question is if they will or will not replace or fix the damage if they cause it.

Of course there's always a chance. My question is if they will or will not replace or fix the damage if they cause it.
Depends on the person / people you're dealing with there and how good your negotiation skills are..

Does your phone have any chips or dents or dings ?
If yes , I doubt they'll take responsibility if it breaks for whatever reason.

Haven't had any issues myself with the service here in terms of them damaging devices during any operations.

YMMV obviously.

No such policy as far as authorised Samsung service is concerned.

I got the battery on my S10 replaced less than 6 months ago in Pune.
But you got battery done within 5 years isn't it. The real test is getting it done after five years.
Genuine spares (new new and not new old stock) are still available for these phones or they will order one for your phone if needed.
That's what one would assume.

Sony washed their hands after five years saying they were not responsible after. With a policy like that it's no wonder they aren't selling any phones in India for some time now.

Admittedly, I've seen no such policy stated anywhere by Samsung

Last edited:
Are they saying they are not going to take responsibility if they break anything? What's the point of so-called authorized service center then?
I was told the same when I had gone to the Nokia authorized service center to get the charging port replaced for my old Nokia 7 Plus.

They said that since the phone is old and out of warranty, and there is a chance of the screen breaking while opening the phone, since disassembly of the phone requires for the front screen to be opened to access the hardware inside... they will not be responsible if that happens.

I too was surprised at what they said. It being an authorized service center, it should be their responsibility if something breaks while disassembly of the phone. Or, why make such phones which are so hard to disassemble, and have the chance of something breaking when you try to open them up. But, I guess these are how things work now.

My phone would've died soon, if I didnt get the charging port replaced, so I went ahead and gave them the go ahead. But, if it was in working condition, and I could postpone the repair, then I probably would've just come back from there.

Replaced my Samsung Note 10 Plus battery from Samsung Service Center , Battery cost 2200/
Total bill 3300/ including labour , tax and back cover glue
Its 2019 launch phone . Received back next day . No issue in parts

But you got battery done within 5 years isn't it. The real test is getting it done after five years.
I also got an out of warranty motherboard replacement for an LG G7 in Feb 2023 and with one year warranty on parts from an LG authorized service center.

The only thing that matters is...if the brand cares and if they have available spares...

The only thing that matters is...if the brand cares and if they have available spares...
That's very true. I had no hope that charging port for my Nokia phone will be available, since it is an old phone. Yet, I decided to give it a chance and asked, and was pleasantly surprised to know that they were ready to repair it.

Though the port did not need a replacement. They said that they will check the port and if it can be repaired, a replacement won't be necessary and it will save me money. And really, they repaired it, and it works fine.

I also see my pixel 2 xl's battery at 78/79% in accubattery. Sot has been reduced to 4 hrs from 6 or so. Wondering whether Google still has spare battery of this device. Also, i heard lithium batteries even when kept at idle in long term loses their capacity. So the battery must be manufactured new I suppose.

I also see my pixel 2 xl's battery at 78/79% in accubattery. Sot has been reduced to 4 hrs from 6 or so. Wondering whether Google still has spare battery of this device. Also, i heard lithium batteries even when kept at idle in long term loses their capacity. So the battery must be manufactured new I suppose.
I had replaced the battery for a Pixel 3 myself. Not sure if you will get original ones, but compatible one from China was good enough. It held the charge well and was reported as about 98% in Accubattery. Cost about 700 with the glue. The glass back is tricky though and is prone to cracking if the old glue doesn't come off well enough and the cover gets stuck somewhere.

I had replaced the battery for a Pixel 3 myself. Not sure if you will get original ones, but compatible one from China was good enough. It held the charge well and was reported as about 98% in Accubattery. Cost about 700 with the glue. The glass back is tricky though and is prone to cracking if the old glue doesn't come off well enough and the cover gets stuck somewhere.
That's good to know that you did it yourself. But i don't have the skill set. So will have to take help of google, as I don't know any highly skilled professional technician in my area either.

How did you procure it? The battery from China?

Back