How Apple is scamming your privacy

I highly doubt any govt would step in, these big tech are only accelerating towards what govt wants, a surveillance state.
USG goes after them with an Anti-trust lawsuit. It happened to Microsoft. They did it to SO (Standard Oil) over a century ago for the same reason.

But when the same data has power to win an election......
Again, hasn't that been the case for many years now ? I don't think it is a new trend. I am not talking about Apple but customer tracking in general. You leave your footprint - in most cases, uniquely identifying you and your device - with anything you do on the web. My typing this out is itself being harvested by trackers, bots, and what not. I have accepted it as a necessary evil - block as much as you can but not at the cost of your convenience, ease of use and, of course, your sanity.

Again, hasn't that been the case for many years now ? I don't think it is a new trend. I am not talking about Apple but customer tracking in general. You leave your footprint - in most cases, uniquely identifying you and your device - with anything you do on the web. My typing this out is itself being harvested by trackers, bots, and what not. I have accepted it as a necessary evil - block as much as you can but not at the cost of your convenience, ease of use and, of course, your sanity.
I was just saying about the power of data. That was a nice meme though.

Let's bump this to the top with some actual news -
this would put an end to a lot of discussions above. There is no denying the fact that the user analytics are captured by iOS irrespective of user opting out. What else are they hiding under the rug?.

Also both android and iOS bypasses any VPN to reach google and apple metrics servers. So using DNS blockers will be ineffective. Now what could be the reason for such overriding behaviour of these companies?. THEY SIMPLY WANT TO GATHER AND RETAIN CONTROL OF THE USER DATA.

Let's bump this to the top with some actual news -

So, my prediction came true. This is what I mentioned in my previous post in this thread:

Apple wanted to hurt Facebook big time and they did that. But when they brought in this feature to block apps to track, they kind of shot themselves in the foot as well. With these features set, Apple cannot suddently go back and say we will show personalised ads but not allow others to do the same. It will be a class-action/monopoly lawsuit on them and they will lose lot more than what they will gain.

When a company brags about their privacy, they put a bulls eye on their back for researchers to see validate their claims. With their privacy tune, anything that they do that affects privacy will result in a major lawsuit and as I said, they have to stick to what they promised about privacy.

So, my prediction came true. This is what I mentioned in my previous post in this thread:

When a company brags about their privacy, they put a bulls eye on their back for researchers to see validate their claims. With their privacy tune, anything that they do that affects privacy will result in a major lawsuit and as I said, they have to stick to what they promised about privacy.
Glad to see you being objective in the face of facts

It is always better to fend for yourself.. Be it your own privacy instead of relying on greedy companies to do it for you

Last edited:
Back