how are koss ksc-75

i am planning to get the ksc-75 after reading some good reviews about it. i want to know which other better headphones/earphones are available. i will be getting my stuff from amazon. budget around 30-40 $

ok ive kinda made a list shure e2c

jbuds j2

koss porta pro

sennheiser px100

sennheiser hd202

crossroads bijou

soundmagic pl-30

ultimate ears metro fi 100/150/200 ( whichever is better)

so out of these which ones would you suggest i should go for?

^^ I would not read too much into the low end Senns. Their in ear phones like the CX300 were not really good. I would have recommended the Mylar X3, but that is not available and the new breed like the X3i, XBi etc are not very good build quality wise and sound quality wise.

But the price of $19 seems fishy. On amazon they retail for about 37 pounds !!!!

yea..im pretty sure those senns are fake. right now im inclined towards the ultimate ears metro fi ( thats only because of the brand..they are a good company and hopefully wont disappoint).

how are the shures and jbuds?

are the bijous really good? i used to hear a lot about the sound quality of the x3i but havent heard so much about the bijous. Plus if the build quality is not good then i might want to stay away from it because i am not really good at taking care of the phones.

are the bijous as good or better than the x3i?

Get the UE if you like to hear music without bass. I believe the UE earphones are completely devoid of bass. So unless you listen to classical, POP and a few other genres, you will be disappointed. (Hindi music included !!!)

ohh...now im totally in a fix here. i listen to rock. not hard bass heavy rock but i wouldnt want my music to be without any bass. i am not a basshead but no bass is not something i want.

how are the shure e2c?

Bijou is made of metal and many issues were ironed out. Bijou 2 is light on bass very similar to x3i after several hours of burn-in. In other forum a guy made a chart wrt spatial frequencies, isolation and other factors. I missed that chart. Bijou 3 is very muddy bass (boom boom) some reports say after 500 hrs of burn-in :S it settles down

from my experiences ::

senny px100 have really good sound quality and seperation, but the are rather uncomfortable

senny cxl400, you have to hang the mp3 player on the wire around the neck, no extension cord is provided... and even hanging an ipod makes it rather annoying, pulling down on you :)

and you find a lot of fakes

senny cx300 is alright, though many fakes available

mylar x3i .. little light on bass for me :)

I have the Koss KSC 75. They died in 4 months. Had to replace it twice already, wont cost you for replacement (life time warranty) but need to pay the shipping to the US.

Back