How are phones (quality+servic) from manu like Micromax, karbonn, lava, spice etc?

Brendon

Skilled
Since there are HUGE specs differences between these companies and the big boys like HTC, Samsung, Nokia etc, I was wondering how many guys have bought such phones and had a really bad experience with them. Are they really worth taking a chance on ?

I am aware that the resale value is crap but frankly I generally use a phone till it dies. :p

Since there are HUGE specs differences between these companies and the big boys like HTC, Samsung, Nokia etc, I was wondering how many guys have bought such phones and had a really bad experience with them. Are they really worth taking a chance on ?

I am aware that the resale value is crap but frankly I generally use a phone till it dies. :p

I had used Micromax Qube X550 for more than 2years. But last month it is gone kaput but due to several slippings over from hand, table etc. It get cracked on the display and the board finally went off :lemmings:. Anyway, the money is well spent. I bought it for Rs.4500/-. Based on the positive experience so far on Micromax, I went for the newly launched A57 Ninja 3. The phone is ok but the only complaint is audiblity of of the voice call is below par comparing to the previous one. Otherwise the phone is feature rich at a cost of Rs.4850/-.:)

Micromax has pretty awful quality. Two of my colleagues had bought Micromax phones and they had endless complaints about the sound, their phones would hang all the time and the keypads are also very poor. I would suggest perhaps a low cost Samsung or Nokia would be good. They work very well and some of them will last you way longer than these new brands like Micromax or Spice.

Thanks for all the feedback. Checked on mouthshut and other sites and it seems customer service is horrible to boot. IMO its better to avoid such phones in future. Too bad though since the specs are killer. :(

These phones are pretty good if the budget is Less then Rs.2000/-. Look at other reputed brands if you want to spend more money and don't ever dare to buy a smart phones from them.

The reason I actually asked this question was because of this phone here - Karbonn A18: Price in India, Reviews, Specification: Flipkart.com

I mean look at the freaking specs ! 4.3" 480x800 IPS display, 3G support, 1 Ghz processor, ICS 4.0, 5 MP AF camera, GPS etc etc for just 9.5k.

In the same price range you get Samsung Galaxy Y with android 2.3, 3.14" screen 240x320 res (really poor res), NO 3G, 800 Mhz processor, 3 MP fixed focus camera and the difference in the specs is really HUGE !!!

I'was also bitten by the temptation bug that these brands offers with so low price & so high features.
I brought a Micromax funbook in August with high expectations as these brands try hard to make u believe.But only after i spent on the dream device(so good vfm),...i became aware of the horrible story & pathetic ASS.Within 2 days of purchase,the MXFB developed problems for which it remained in their service centre for the next 1.5 month.They (s.c)neither have parts to repair or replace..& they made wait a long long time.Therafter with many rebukations,threats etc,..i could finaly get a secondhand refurbished/used funbook set from them,in place of my brand new but defective set!
One of my most pathetic ass faced so far anywhere.Hope u can all better understand the risk of such temptation & lure of tech to swindle ur money.So beware where u put ur money in !

@Brendon, did you checkout the AT&T Pantech Burst thread? its an good phone with good specs all under 8k. Lots of TE'ites are going for it. i am sure we'll be seeing a few for sale here soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
^^ Already bought one on advice by SoulFire. :)

Figured out that since the ASS of Karbonn is about as good as having no warranty I might as well take a chance on a lower priced but better speced phone.

Back