Windows How do I buy Windows for a Government office?

Your money didn't go to microsoft anyway assuming you bought one of those cheap windows key. You can use win 10 in forever trial mode with restriction of not able to use personalization options like change wallpaper/theme colour etc.

This.

Thats why i tell people only take these keys if TINA. Else its a complete waste and of no use.

Your money didn't go to microsoft anyway assuming you bought one of those cheap windows key. You can use win 10 in forever trial mode with restriction of not able to use personalization options like change wallpaper/theme colour etc.
I bought it from a Dell store. Got an invoice with the key mentioned on it.

Thanks, will look into this. I had purchased a key, but it stopped working after I replaced my motherboard. Don't want to give Microsoft any more of my money.
Doesn't the office have IT that handles all this stuff?

Anyway, check the linked reply in the post

I once bought a key from a website on 85% discount like 4-5 yrs back, then from a guy 2-3 yrs back for 300-400 i guess and just today bought one from a guy for 150 rs (let's see for how much time it works)

You never linked that key to your MS acc by logging in via MS acc once on that pc?
I did. They give me an option to activate by logging into the account, but when i do, they tell me that no key associated with the device was found.
The key was for win 10 pro. I am running win 11 on the system. I might have to reinstall 10.

Another Office guy is going to get duped on GeM . He placed order for 4 MS Office 2021 and after L1 it has come to 16k
I told its not possible as GeM prices for software are way higher than Amazon . Hes not ready to listen and feeling quite happy about purchase , even bragging to me
I am just waiting for delivery ......

I did. They give me an option to activate by logging into the account, but when i do, they tell me that no key associated with the device was found.
The key was for win 10 pro. I am running win 11 on the system. I might have to reinstall 10.
Yes you would have to do that only I think as usually the linked keys on MS acc recognize the originally installed/linked windows version only if hardware is changed but once you do that & win 10 is activated on new hardware then you can upgrade to win 11 on that system & once that too is activated then you can format & fresh install same win 11 version as many times as you want on that system.
Another Office guy is going to get duped on GeM . He placed order for 4 MS Office 2021 and after L1 it has come to 16k
I told its not possible as GeM prices for software are way higher than Amazon . Hes not ready to listen and feeling quite happy about purchase , even bragging to me
I am just waiting for delivery ......
Which office 2021 version exactly because home student versions are not supposed to be installed in offices & that 16k is for 1 license or for 4?

Yes you would have to do that only I think as usually the linked keys on MS acc recognize the originally installed/linked windows version only if hardware is changed but once you do that & win 10 is activated on new hardware then you can upgrade to win 11 on that system & once that too is activated then you can format & fresh install same win 11 version as many times as you want on that system.

Which office 2021 version exactly because home student versions are not supposed to be installed in offices & that 16k is for 1 license or for 4?
Check pics , 16k for 4 x Office 2021 and Quick heal
Seems perfectly legit to me .

Attachments

• WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 12.58.16_e0c0e1d7.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 12.58.16_e0c0e1d7.jpg
    151.9 KB · Views: 24
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 13.00.57_7c205053.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 13.00.57_7c205053.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 21
  • WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 13.02.27_b9c41148.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2024-02-17 at 13.02.27_b9c41148.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 24