How do I get full internet speed on PC?

because you were testing against your ISPs own servers. Very often it shows inflated speeds.

It is always best to test against other servers.
Even now I am.testing with airtel server from pc only its showing 118 mbps. Same server in morning showed 240.

@enthusiast29

Call me old school, but given my hands-on experience of dealing with a myriad of WLAN modules over a decade, I would like to see a local synthetic benchmark (e.g. iPerf) rather on blindly relying on the internet-based speed test site results. That way, you can also get a rough idea regarding the actual signal-to-noise ratio on top of the RSSI data.
Yes and I agree but iPerf has its own purpose but is not necessary here since this is clearly not a driver/hardware issue.
To check speed from ISP a simple speed test is enough over LAN.

To check speed from ISP a simple speed test is enough over LAN.

Couldn't agree more, but the receptor hardware in question (MT7921) is known for its erratic behavior and sub-standard performance under load, which is why I suggested to tweak the test parameters as well.

...problem with WiFi module can be ruled out?

No, it can't.

Nonetheless, now that @chetansha has clarified the situation, it makes little sense to continue towards that direction.

Last edited:
Couldn't agree more, but the receptor hardware in question (MT7921) is known for its erratic behavior and sub-standard performance under load, which is why I suggested to tweak the test parameters as well.
I understand what you're saying. I have an Intel 3160HMW chip and 5Ghz on it plagued by this behavior. Drops out to 1-2Mbps within a couple seconds of reaching full bandwidth. Sadly it's a driver issue from Intel and I can't find a single driver which doesn't have this bug and is compatible with Win10/11.

Back