OC & Modding How do you Cool your Chips?

I had my entire system watercooled in past. But lack of parts made me improvise with locally available rad and pumps and home made reservoir and it was messy, hard to maintain.

I still have my waterblocks, might go watercooling again in near future, but only if i get proper compact radiator, silent and compact pump and reservoir.

Lets see.

Waiting for OCZ to come out with Cryo-Z (Hopefully 13-16K).... then it will be a quick trip to Singapore and back ;) only thing that concerns me is the weight(Hope not more then 25KG) and parts getting damaged when thrown around by Air-Port staff (yeah that will be a way to cool 40K+ damages).

Water Cooling is going good and strong... apart from my Nephwe's stunt :) and I do understand what Funky is saying about Compactness but Rad can be custom made by locals to your wants I dont know about pumps tho.

the main concern is sealed reservoir. Otherwise even with antifungal liquid and coolant addeed algae starts to grow in the system. Thats not good. the problem i faced with locally available rad is the fittings. i needed to get the proper diameter fittings welded last time. ideally i want something like those external units. compact and easier to install/maintain.

Getting them here is almost impossible.

@ Goldie, No mate first batch is gonna make you reach deep inside your pocket($399-499)... thats the word out there... doubt if they can manage $300 with launch. But if they do then let just CHILL! :)

^^^ I know that and thats why instead of trying out I am gonna go with OCZ... may improve that later on with different gas combination :D

used to do bongcooling..too much of a hassle..gave me 80mhz extra tho.

but since i blew up my dfi:( back to stock cooling.big typhoon on its way in a week :)

Harshal,

Im just hoping it releases ASAP, as im only buying in May.

When hopefully the prices would drop. :).

I guess you should be the first one to buy it though :/.

Rahul said:
do u think phase change is good for 24/7 computing ..... i thot they are only for benchmarking etc ...
phase change is fine for 24/7, if insulated properly.
but is u have a big cascade or jumbo capacity the electricity will cost a lot.

DI/ln2 benching only.

the_new_guy said:
phase change is fine for 24/7, if insulated properly.
but is u have a big cascade or jumbo capacity the electricity will cost a lot.

DI/ln2 benching only.

i have heard many systems failing duae to condensation in phase change ..... and haven't seen anyone who is using phase change as 24/7 cooling :-/

Back