Budget 0-20k How do you manage airflow over the GPU backplate in cases with glass front panels (e.g. O11 and NZXT H9)

Slayer88

Adept
Hi All!

So, I may be relocating and may need to buy a new case, the NZXT H9 case has made me fall in love with it, but one thing that I am confused/worried about is, how do you ensure the GPU backplate gets air some airflow? Also, i have an SN850 nvme that can get a bit toasty, so how does one get air over these components? I don't want to increase the budget an get a vertical mount but I also dont want to do Jugaad and add a fan and ruin the aesthetic. Any thoughts, ideas?

TIA!

Doesn't look like airflow will be an issue with this case, there seems to be at least a 3 inch gap between the backplate and the mobo when GPU is mounted vertically.

Even when mounted horizontally it won't be an issue, your primary concern should be "how do I keep dust out with so many intake fans ?" :)
Oh yes, the dust struggle is real and a pain :( Curious how the native fan setup will allow airflow on the GPU as there is no fan blowing air directly over the GPU backplate. unless, I make the top fans intake, which is usually not recommended i guess? Anyone tried this setup ever?

I have a Zotac 30 series GPU that love and need backplate airflow, hence the concern!

unless, I make the top fans intake, which is usually not recommended i guess? Anyone tried this setup ever?

Not recommended as warm air is lighter and rises up so it's always better to have the top fans as exhaust.
Not having direct airflow over components isn't a problem as long as the ambient temperature is kept in check, which isn't a problem with this case.

These cases are designed in such a diy way that depending on your preferences or climate you can customize the fan air flows..

These cases are designed in such a diy way that depending on your preferences or climate you can customize the fan air flows..
yup.. but from my experience, direct airflow ON the components does wonders as opposed to just a lot of fresh air in the case/

In these cabinets, front intake has shifted to side intake and bottom intake and top and rear acts as exhaust!
But there are many YT videos suggesting various intake/exhaust methods with results.

In these cabinets, front intake has shifted to side intake and bottom intake and top and rear acts as exhaust!
But there are many YT videos suggesting various intake/exhaust methods with results.
Yup, but no orientation (except top as intake, which is least recommended) any fan blows air on the GPU backplate, which is my requirement.

Back