How do you remove dust from chair cushion

nitin_g3

Adept
Hi,

I have a gaming chair. It's been 3 months since I purchased it. The chair base has collected a lot of dust since than. Dust is too much that when I pat on it, a lot of dust comes out of it. Even the color of the base has changed due to dust.
I don't have a vacuum cleaner and not planning to purchase one currently, only looking for a cheaper way to clean the dust from chair cushion.

I will purchase a vacuum cleaner in future but would only perchance a good one which lasts long enough. A good one costs high so would purchase later when budget allows.

Any desi/cheaper ideas to clean the dust are welcome.

Your best bet is to wipe it with soapy water and put it in sunlight to dry. This will remove the layer of dust. Then another wipe of Colin or any other surface cleaner before you start using it again.

Your best bet is to wipe it with soapy water and put it in sunlight to dry. This will remove the layer of dust. Then another wipe of Colin or any other surface cleaner before you start using it again.
Won't that leave some dried soap inside the foam?
Also by using this method the dust will settle deeper inside instead of coming out. Am I not getting this correctly?

Won't that leave some dried soap inside the foam?
Also by using this method the dust will settle deeper inside instead of coming out. Am I not getting this correctly?
Nope, you can make one by yourself or buy one as @becool773 said. Just put the chair in sunlight to dry it. You don't think washed mattresses have dried soap in them, do you? :wacky:

While you're cleaning the chair, wipe from top to bottom for backrest and from back to front for seat.

I just wipe my chair with a slightly wet microfiber cloth every two or three days and maybe once a month i vacuum the seat, back rest and head rest.

I have a small Eureka Forbes Car Vacuum which i use exclusively for my computer chairs and to blow clean my PC air filters (Not recommended unless you know what your doing)

Back