How does amazon AC exchange work?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
How does amazon exchange process work for split AC??? Conflicting information on app. Do I need to get someone to dismantle and remove it before delivery of new AC or will the delivery persons do it???

App says that it will be checked for working condition, powers on etc. But elsewhere says it needs to be dismantled before delivery person comes ‍♂️

I will contact amazon CC but wanted to check if anyone has done AC exchange?

How does amazon exchange process work for split AC??? Conflicting information on app. Do I need to get someone to dismantle and remove it before delivery of new AC or will the delivery persons do it???

App says that it will be checked for working condition, powers on etc. But elsewhere says it needs to be dismantled before delivery person comes ‍♂️

I will contact amazon CC but wanted to check if anyone has done AC exchange?
Pretty straight forward. You have to uninstall the old unit and keep it ready for pickup. For large appliances they check for physical condition (didn't have to power up my Fridge or Washing machine to show it ran)

Yup CC tells me that you need to dismantle beforehand and a technician will come (either before or along with delivery) and test it with their instruments for working condition, idk how.

So I've booked urban company uninstallation service for ₹700 dammit.

So the delivery people wanted to run the AC to see if it was in working condition and I had to tell them I could either dismantle the AC or you could test it while not dismantled but not both and I had already gotten it dismantled so you are shit outta luck.

They made a phone call presumably to some amazon department who told them to accept the exchange, phew, a relief to me.

So now I'm waiting for a call from Daikin to schedule installation. Amazon is supposed to register the installation request for me.

Update...

I think I'm going to regret.

Daikin customer care non existent real humans, phone numbers now just have pre-recorded message... Go to website.

Had to google to find out the local contractor who was supposed to install today but hasn't.

Not looking forward to after sales service at least in my ghetto area in this third class city Pune.

Last edited:
Seems to be okay for now.

Guys came at 10am for installation and took nearly 4 hours to do a good job.

AC is working well, will have more feedback after a few days and also looking forward to seeing the performance and whether any noticeable reduction in electricity bills during peak summer months.

@blr_p LG was my first choice but my preferred local shop didn't have stock nor was amazon offering much difference in price benefit. Plus only daikin seems to claim built-in stabiliser. So thought I would give this brand a go.

Anyone else recently did AC exchange on Amazon, how was the experience.

I recently moved houses and my AC is in movers and packers packaging so its already dismantled, I am wondering how will they do exchange, I do see @vishalrao post above but wanted to know experience of a few more people.

Last edited:
I am also passively interested in upgrading. I just checked the exchange value and it quoted just 4.5k for a fully functional AC. Is is even worth exchanging at these prices?

Back