Budget 51-70k How does this laptop deal sound ?

May 17, 2009
Hi Guys

I'm getting this one time deal on inspiron 15R turbo edition with the below config for 67K, is it a good deal ?? or do i have other alternatives ?? please help , the deal expires this weekend

Inspiron 15R Special Edition (7520)
3rd Generation Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-3632QM processor (6M Cache, up to 3.2 GHz)
8GB 2 DIMM (4GB x 2) DDR3 1600Mhz
1.0TB 5400RPM SATA Hard Drive
12.7" SATA Tray Load DVD+/-RW
90W AC Adapter
6-cell Lithium Ion (48WHr) Battery
AMD Radeon(TM) HD 7730M DDR3 2GB
Skullcandy Speakers with Waves MaxxAudio(R) 4 processing
Intel(R) Centrino(R) Wireless-N 2230, 802.11b/g/n + Bluetooth v4.0
Dell(TM) Backlight Chiclet Keyboard with Multi-touch Touchpad
Windows 8 Single Language, English (64bit)
3 Years Accidental Damage Service with Premium Phone Support

Thanks in advance

satan194p

Adept
May 8, 2010
One of my friend just got his Inspiron 15R turbo with i5, 1366X768 screen and 7730M. I must say that laptop is powerful but it looks really ugly.
Finishing of laptop is really poor. Speakers are bad and touchpad is downright pain in a**.
Screen has matte finish and looks too pixelated. I would recommend OP to first have a look and then purchase.
These days I find manufacturers to be just boasting config rather than whole package.

_Atif_

Disciple
Jun 11, 2009
Dell [FONT=Verdana, Segoe UI, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Inspiron [/FONT]laptops heat a lot. If you buy the laptop ensure that you get a good cooling pad.

May 17, 2009
One of my friend just got his Inspiron 15R turbo with i5, 1366X768 screen and 7730M. I must say that laptop is powerful but it looks really ugly.
Finishing of laptop is really poor. Speakers are bad and touchpad is downright pain in a**.
Screen has matte finish and looks too pixelated. I would recommend OP to first have a look and then purchase.
These days I find manufacturers to be just boasting config rather than whole package.
Should there be a issue, ill replace the parts myself ;)
Placed order for the same will be getting the delivery in 7 days time or maybe sooner ;)

Doremon

Adept
Jun 17, 2009
Oil city!

Laptop looked quite robust. I just meant to say that finish and aesthetics were poor. There was no WoW factor
Dell Inspiron overall built quality, touchpad sense and screen effect is big limbo. Missing good quality here. Keypad, design, sound & config. at their best. Venturing Dell shop/demo several time in last month....

May 17, 2009
i wont be carrying this laptop around much, ill be mostly using this for managing VMs and Gaming, and i have a laptop from work for portability, ill be running few VMs on this laptop too, and will be turning my desktop into a server configure AD and use this on a domain, so good specs is something that i wanted

May 17, 2009
Just received my laptop and im totally in love with it, Full HD Display is awesome, so is the touchpad and keyboard, 7730M is capable to take care of my gaming needs, , will post the pictures and if possible a short review over the weekend

satan194p

Adept
May 8, 2010
Just received my laptop and im totally in love with it, Full HD Display is awesome, so is the touchpad and keyboard, 7730M is capable to take care of my gaming needs, , will post the pictures and if possible a short review over the weekend
Congrats. Personal satisfaction is all that matters

mastervk

Disciple
Nov 21, 2012

Where did you bought it from ? I am also planning to buy dell inspiron turbo ...