Audio How good are the EP-630 for games and movies?

Just so my standards as far as sound quality goes are known; I think my Creative SBS 370 2.1 setup sounds great in games and movies.

Compared to those, how good will the EP-630's be to me for the same purpose?
My main fear is that they will be a little too tin'ey?

saumilsingh said:
Just so my standards as far as sound quality goes are known; I think my Creative SBS 370 2.1 setup sounds great in games and movies.

Compared to those, how good will the EP-630's be to me for the same purpose?
My main fear is that they will be a little too tin'ey?

well..they certainly wont sound tiny......but comfort is one thing that i am not so sure about...me myself don't like any in ear headphone for movie and gaming....sum thing with complete cup to cover the ear coupled with a long long wire wud be much preferable to me...

the EP 630 has very little bass when you're using it without an eq, and an even stronger high end.So it ends up sounding a bit 'light'

I prefer to use bigger headphones for gaming :)

or a HD457 which is available for arnd 27$, if u can source it then there is nothing like it at that price range.

^^ oh damn i see, in that case won't a normal headphone be better than the IEMs? I meant when it comes to comfy level?

Saiyan said:
^^ oh damn i see, in that case won't a normal headphone be better than the IEMs? I meant when it comes to comfy level?

well his ears swell up if headphones are on or around the ears so only IEM & Speakers will suit him :)

Even i had a question,
How are the ep 630 compared to the n73 and n82 headphones.. can any one tell %age difference..I prefer bass and less treble..

i went to a local mobile market on my friends advice, where they sell chepo stuff, he showed me an in ear headphone for Rs 110..they sounded verry good for 110 but not as good as my nokia n82's headphones..., basically they lacked the bass..

throw those n82 earphones away .. ep 630 are way better than those .. using my n82 with ep 630 .. but one thing .. those n82 earphones are much better than the ones u get with n73 .. but ep 630 is way way better ..:)

Better noise isolation and thereby good SQ @ lower volumes for one thing and overall better drivers I guess is the main difference.

But on topic, I MUCH prefer my xd100s for computer use as they have a nice long 3meter cable. If i had to use the creatives, i should sit tethered to the computer. Comfortwise, i personally don't mind wearing the IEMs for really long periods (my record was 13hrs straight!).

Kumar said:
Comfortwise, i personally don't mind wearing the IEMs for really long periods (my record was 13hrs straight!).

Was tat done for getting into the Guiness book of records or somethin???

13 hrs.. WTF??? :O

Noone has yet answered my original question :p
Just how are they in games and movies?

Forget comfort, I won't ever be using them for more than 2 hours at a stretch.

Back