Audio How good are the EP-630 for games and movies?

EP-630 is very crystal clear and NOISE cancelation--now thats an experience for all who have not use it --i got an eP 630 from katmandude go,,but after using it for 2 weeks one channel is not working ..after for go n fourth i am able to get the local cyberstarindia distributor..but they were nt able to find the S/N number and asked me mail..now I am waiting for their reply...
EP-630 has not puch as the BASS Boost...on clarity n noise cancelation they are superb

saumilsingh said:
Noone has yet answered my original question :p
Just how are they in games and movies?

Forget comfort, I won't ever be using them for more than 2 hours at a stretch.

Good noise cancellation; good trebles but I feel d bass lacks punch..

Views may differ..

Good to be used with an ipod athough the better alternative may be CrossRoads MylarOne X3i/XBi..

Little OT but i guess goes in the same vein.
Same question as saumil:
Are they good with music?
I am looking for an in ear EarPhn ~1K for use with my Motorola S105 Bluetooth paired usually with a XDAwizard and sometimes with a ROKRE6.

They are good enough I suppose. But to be frank I did not really like them and stopped using them after a while.

Don't get me wrong they were not bad, the bass I felt was good and the trebble was passable. But the mid range was simply obscured and I could not hear the vocals clearly as the bass drowned them out. Also the sound seemed tinny (i.e. no soundstage). So it did not suit my type of music but will suit rock music quite well.

I suppose they will be good for games since games need bass, but I really can't play too long with IEMs. They get irritating after some time. I prefer circumaural headphones that fit the full ear for gaming and the IEMs for portable music (since they block out practically everything).

@Sarang - I would advise the Crossroads Mylar X3i for you. They are higher than your budget, but much better than the EP-630 and others.

@BF
Where would i find the mylars in Pune?

Paid KMD for the EPs today anyways. If i dont like it my bro with two left ears can use it. :eek:hyeah:

oh yea...I wanna say something abt ep630. For the first timer it looks phenomenal but as you use and get used it looks rather ordinary.
1. Very laid back approach(sounding at the back of your head)
2. Overly powerfull bass
3. No distinct channel separation(Its at worst my nokia in-ear has good channel separation and clear treble). It feels like singer singing into your head and the stereo gets dissolved. You really feel like mono
4. Sharp spikes in treble response no smooth roll off
5. Very narrow sound stage almost none exist

Its great for movies and also great while bike driving with helmet on

My next search is Koss ksc75 which have rave reviews everywhere and its cheap for $10-14 its a steal

Damn :(

My 3rd pair of ep-630s died on me yesterday (my fault thoughm the cable caught up in the rear view mirror and got yanked)

vijaycool said:
oh yea...I wanna say something abt ep630. For the first timer it looks phenomenal but as you use and get used it looks rather ordinary.
1. Very laid back approach(sounding at the back of your head)
2. Overly powerfull bass
3. No distinct channel separation(Its at worst my nokia in-ear has good channel separation and clear treble). It feels like singer singing into your head and the stereo gets dissolved. You really feel like mono
4. Sharp spikes in treble response no smooth roll off
5. Very narrow sound stage almost none exist

My next search is Koss ksc75 which have rave reviews everywhere and its cheap for $10-14 its a steal

Got to agree dude, i have stopped using my ep-630 for a while now. Just keep ing it as a backup :p Hoping to buy a Mylarone some day.

What do you mean by this :O , i tried once while riding the bike, seriously it blocked out all the noise which is actually kind off dangerous imo. I was using only 1 side while riding, but after changing over to a new helmet, it felt it was kind off a tight fit and hence stopped using it totally.

But for now in india, ep-630 is still a good option for those who are looking for some good music :D

me use it 100% while driving in a helmet. One curious thing i observed is, they block out the vehicle noises and let the horm sounds in. Also, the low ambient noise makes it relaxing while driving.

Of course you can hear outside noise. Dont push it deep in or use very very low volume. I follow the second. My mind unconsiously started looking at the RVM's at the right time :hap2:

Note: Never use adrenaline music which indirectly makes you ride faster:eek:hyeah:

Koss range is available in India through any distributor. Ideally Koss KSC75 is $10-12 so it can be available at cheap price. The equivalent performer is Senn px100.

Kumar said:
me use it 100% while driving in a helmet. One curious thing i observed is, they block out the vehicle noises and let the horm sounds in. Also, the low ambient noise makes it relaxing while driving.

but most dangerous.

vijaycool said:
Of course you can hear outside noise. Dont push it deep in or use very very low volume. I follow the second. My mind unconsiously started looking at the RVM's at the right time :hap2:

Note: Never use adrenaline music which indirectly makes you ride faster:eek:hyeah:

+1 to the low volume + regular RVMs.

The quality of EP630s seems to have gone down of late. My older pair sounded which I gave away to my brother much better than the current pair. The current pair sounds absolutely terrible.

break in re. even I thought the same when i got an extra pair for dad last year - improved over a few weeks. give it some exercise for a few days :p

Back