How is APC BI1000I inverter ?

nfsnfs

Adept
How is APC BI1000I inverter ? .Anyone having this ?

They have a package -

APC BI1000I + 2 Exide batteries (80 Ah each) + Metal APC trolley - 23 K Rs .

I believe Inverter is good ,but exide batteries are crap .

I can buy inverter alone and get good batteries ( like amaraon inverter shield batteries ) and do the setup myself .

EDIT: Purchased, more info here http://www.techenclave.com/1170747-post18.html

I didnt have better experience with ek side :D batteries . Ya I know ,I dont need the trolley or battery . Just need the inverter . Considering all the things before buying the inverter and batteries separately .

have owned a apc880va inverter for abt 3yrs now i guess... its ok but nothing spl.

certainly not worth any premium over the linkes of microtek , luminous.check out the price differenc, if not significant ; then only go for APC. my 2cents.

i own the very same inverter u are askin questions about :)

its awesome...

i am able to run my PC along with a television and 2 fans on it for full 5 hrs... (2x120 batteries from amco)

its a very good inverter with SINE-WAVE function.

have been using it from past 2 years and also the warranty support and service from APC is top notch.

just buy it :)

warm regards

Ho thanks dinesh ,good to know . Once more question , these 120 Ah batteries of Amco came with APC ? .What was the total cost then ,if you tell ?

nfsnfs said:
Ho thanks dinesh ,good to know . Once more question , these 120 Ah batteries of Amco came with APC ? .What was the total cost then ,if you tell ?

to me it costed 21000 rupees all inclusive :)

yap the batterys came with it..

they offered 100 ones... i preffered 120 (paid few bucks extra and got it... that was 2 yrs back though :p )

I too have the same inverter with shit called Amco batteries..

I would say stay away from APC esp in case of inverter (only UPS are good).

Go for other brand.

My personal experience

- From last year I am trying to get the replacement for batteries but still its not happened.

- during last week of my warranty, they had to replce the inverter unit, which is again not a perfect piece and now they are trying their best to avoid any service.

nfsnfs said:

sharmapu said:
I too have the same inverter with shit called Amco batteries..
I would say stay away from APC esp in case of inverter (only UPS are good).
Go for other brand.
My personal experience
- From last year I am trying to get the replacement for batteries but still its not happened.
- during last week of my warranty, they had to replce the inverter unit, which is again not a perfect piece and now they are trying their best to avoid any service.

what do u mean stay away from apc,apc has nothing to do with batteries,its the dealers who bundle a battery.u have a option to either just buy the invertor with batteries or buy just the invertor.
i have seen apc invertors that is more then 5 years old running perfectly.

my batteries got replaced in just a span of 15 days ! APC did it !

also the inverter unit was replaced by me for fun ... that too happned in 7 days flat..

its good that APC is working for u ..

and their is no need to be on edge...

This is my experienced with APC, which is not good ..and its ur choice whether u take this into consideration for ur purchase or not..simple.

I know abt batteries option n I just wanted others to be aware that imo Amco batteries are not good.

so whats wrong in that??

- peace

Edit: For Amco batteries bundled with APC inverter - warranty is taken care by APC only. Thats why its APC fault if they are not providing the warranty and service.

adder said:
what do u mean stay away from apc,apc has nothing to do with batteries,its the dealers who bundle a battery.u have a option to either just buy the invertor with batteries or buy just the invertor.

i have seen apc invertors that is more then 5 years old running perfectly.

There was a time when Exide and Amco used to be very good. Nowadays, newer brands like Amaron, Base (Panasonic), Tata, Bosch seems to be preferred despite the former two having been reputed for long.

APC is funny about battery warranty after 1st year. If the cell goes, they try excuses to avoid. Only if you come across as a smart customer who cant be fooled easily, will they work.

My experience says the AMCO batteries suck big time, better to go for Exide or Amaron.

And the Dealer never bundles batteries with the Inverter. APC bundles the AMCO with the inverter, if you want another battery, buy yourself, they will give just the unit then.

If anyone says trolley is chargeable, argue hard, coz APC gives it off for free (its plasticy crap anyways).

Got the inverter and the battery today .:)

Inverter - BI1000I - 7.1 K

Battery - Amaron inverter shield -100Ah X2 = ~5.7 K each ,

APC trolley including in package.The trolley is rock solid Plastic.

Total = 18.5 K including tax .

Installation was around 1600rs since the distance was more in my case . Otherwise it would cost 350 rs for first 3 meters and 75rs each meter more.

If any one wants it from blore ,contact ceiba systems - venkat (99844079710) and tell recently some one got the same configuration and tell him I referred him , he will know ,since I bugged him with all sorts questions from last 2 days .:p

thanks every one and dinesh .:clap:

janitha said:
@nfsnfs

Is the input 24V?

yes 12vx2=24v.

@nfsnfs
u could have saved about Rs750 to Rs1000 if u hadn't bought the trolley,also the price u got was after bargaining or what?since i got a quote of about 6k and change without even bargaining,but it was some 8months ago.

Back