Laptops How is Compaq laptop for <30K ?

Hi,

I am looking for laptops under 30K for general usage and i have shortlisted few models including some Compaqs. How is CQ42 307AU mode? It is costing approx 27.5K.

Any other recommendations?

I have no personal experience of Compaq, but I have read lot of cases of Compaq laptops having issues with their motherboards. And HP is not known for their after sales support. Sure, Compaq have a better feature per price ratio, but reliability wise they are far behind other vendors.

Don't have any experience with Compaq, one of the reason is my friend had an horrible experience with them.

Am using Compaq V5201TU since 5 years almost 24/7 and the hinges broke on me once. Also, optical drive no longer reads discs. Relative is using C702TU since 3 years and optical drive no longer reads discs.

Compaq..! I am using one, the most common crib people have is the optical drive issue.. have had to get it changed twice in two years... I had an acer before this and it never gave me any issues....

You can have a look at the MSI Cr 420 SERIES, i3 370m and about 27 grands... very vfm, in fact it is the most.well built among the budget series...

Lenovo's thinkpad series are excellent, ideapad not so much.. I'd say in your budget stick to msi or asus, their build quality will be way better than what an hcl, acer or an hp can give you...

Back