Budget 90k+ How is Master Computers shop in Pune for a new ThreadRipper build?

vishalrao

Global Moral Police
Skilled
Hi folks,

I am planning to have a shop build a new PC for me - ThreadRipper 3970x based - which will cost around 3 lakhs. I am in touch with this shop called "Master Computers" and wanted feedback on them if they are reliable or any other inputs?

I will post a "advice needed" thread template later on when closer to actually making the purchase - by the end of this year.

Another thing, is it a good time (price wise) to buy a new 3970x based system? considering the 5000 non-threadripper series is coming out this year - I know threadripper 5000 series will take maybe 3-6 more months beyond this.

Thanks!

Since you are in Pune, you can get in touch with

Amey used to be a member here, dont know if he is anymore

Anyone here have any actual experience/feedback about Gtek/Amey after buying an assembled high end desktop from them?

I've only bought individual components and the most high-end part I've personally seen anyone purchase from him was a friend with a 3900x, apart from the 3090 that @Infected recently sourced from him.

Made the down-payment a couple of days ago and delivery should be some time by mid this week :D
Thanks for the recommendation guys

threadripper.jpeg

Pic send to me on whatsapp from the shop, I'll probably get the PC tomorrow :D

threadripper1.jpegthreadripper2.jpeg

Delivered yesterday, installed Windows and a few linux distros, so far seems to be working well :D

Specs:

3970X CPU
ASUS Prime TRX40 Pro-S mobo
G.Skill 3600mhz 64 GB (16x4) CL19 RAM
Samsung 970 Evo Plus 2TB nvme m.2 SSD
Sapphire Pulse Radeon RX580 8GB OC-Lite GPU
ASUS PCE-AX58BT wifi addon card
Thermalright Silver Arrow TR4 air cooler
Cooler Master 850w V2 80 Gold PSU
Cooler Master 694 cabby

Cost: about 3.3 lakh
Since you are in Pune, you can get in touch with

Amey used to be a member here, dont know if he is anymore

Yea no one better than Amey in Pune to get hardware from.

+1 for Gtek and Amey Gokhale

Yea +1 for Amey from G-Tek, he also had a team with Toolius and Bikey from here a few years back, don't know if they still OC nowadays.

I can totally vouch for Amey!
.....above all a genuine computer enthusiast, more so than most of us here.

Thanks again guys for the pointers.

Amey at Gtek answered all my initial questions patiently over many days and the delivery was very quick once I made the initial payment too, within 2-3 working days I got the system.

Last edited:
View attachment 92815View attachment 92816

Delivered yesterday, installed Windows and a few linux distros, so far seems to be working well :D

Specs:

3970X CPU
Cooler Master 694 cabby

Amey at Gtek answered all my initial questions patiently over many days and the delivery was very quick once I made the initial payment too, within 2-3 working days I got the system.

Now tell us what u do with the system. Really interested in knowing it now :cool:

Why don't you tell me what to do with this system? I am currently only checking email on it :D
I would gaming, streaming, coding, render 3D models if the system was mine. Don’t know how effective VMware’s would do on this system without gpu pass through.

View attachment 92815View attachment 92816

Specs:

3970X CPU
Cooler Master 694 cabby

Why the RX 580?

Back