Audio How is Sony SRS-D9 2.1 speakers in comparison with Logitech Z623 2.1 THX Speakers

TEUser2K1

Skilled
Hi all,
Thinking of buying a 2.1 speaker system as a value for money user.
Found Sony SRS-D9 2.1 and Logitech Z623 2.1 THX Speakers as compelling options.
How does Sony SRS-D9 2.1 compare with Logitech Z623 2.1 THX Speakers ?
The price difference between them is almost double.
Are there better speakers within 8K range ?

Usage: Mainly songs and movies, occasional games.

Last edited:
Taking into consideration all this things let Me clear ur doubt by comparting Sony's SRS D9 and Logitech's Z623,

Total Sound Output (RMS) i.e. Satelite + Woofer.
Sony : 60W
Logitech : 200W

Sound Output of Satelite :
Sony : 30W i.e. 15W + 15W (2 Speakers)
Logiech : 80W i.e. 40W + 40W (2 Speakers)

Sound Output of Sub-Woofer :
Sony : 30W
Logitech : 80W

so if u add up this,
Sony = 15W + 15W + 30W = 60W
Logitech = 40W + 40W + 80W = 200W

So Logitech Z623 2.1 THX speakers is best.

So something which is louder is better? Gone are the days when speakers were selected according to sound quality and not wattage it seems...

I have the Z623 and can vouch for it's quality (though I'm not really an audiophile or anything). It's an amazing set of speakers.

Considering X623 is THX certified, I thought it might be worth the money, am pretty naive with regards to speakers. Problem is that it is difficult to find Z623 in our area. Will have to go Flipkart or Snapdeal route.

Meanwhile if there are other speakers those may sound better, like Edifier, etc. am open to purchase them. My room size is only 10' x 12', I prefer a speaker which can perform good in such a room size.

Taking into consideration all this things let Me clear ur doubt by comparting Sony's SRS D9 and Logitech's Z623,

Total Sound Output (RMS) i.e. Satelite + Woofer.
Sony : 60W
Logitech : 200W

Sound Output of Satelite :
Sony : 30W i.e. 15W + 15W (2 Speakers)
Logiech : 80W i.e. 40W + 40W (2 Speakers)

Sound Output of Sub-Woofer :
Sony : 30W
Logitech : 80W

so if u add up this,
Sony = 15W + 15W + 30W = 60W
Logitech = 40W + 40W + 80W = 200W

So Logitech Z623 2.1 THX speakers is best.
That is just totally wrong !
Seriously, you can't judge a speaker's quality by that

Is Edifier C2 the original edition available now ? They seems to have created new versions which are not up to the mark with the old ones.
Does Edifier C2 sound better /par with D9 /Z623 ?

Have owned Sony SRS D9 for few months now :
> Subwoofer size is quite big considering the set costs 4500 only
> Build quality is good but the cables are too thin
> Goes loud if used with RCA. The USB input is too low in volume.
>Subwoofer is not as boomy as expected. Nice deep soft bass. Good for music
> Even at full volume the built in amp is too week to drive the sub at full potential. The amp could barely push the sub
> The sats lack treble. Too early roll off. Mid range has bit of shout. The sat enclosure is large but the drivers are only 3" or so. Hence not much body. Not much quality and definition as well but this is a sub 5k system so not unexpected

Hi all,
Thinking of buying a 2.1 speaker system as a value for money user.
Found Sony SRS-D9 2.1 and Logitech Z623 2.1 THX Speakers as compelling options.
How does Sony SRS-D9 2.1 compare with Logitech Z623 2.1 THX Speakers ?
The price difference between them is almost double.
Are there better speakers within 8K range ?

Usage: Mainly songs and movies, occasional games.

Seriously search for mx5021 first on olx or quikr, in case you can't find them . Then look for something else

mx5021 will not be easily available now., not finding anywhere. Z623 seems to be a better option. Not hearing much about new versions of Edified C2.

Room size is around 10x12. Does Z623 require an amp ? Initially, I wanted to use it as a computer speaker, later connect to TV, etc.
Z623 and all other Computer speakers already have built in amps. For that room size Z623 with 200 watts is more than enough.
As previously said MX5021 is a good choice even today.

Room size is around 10x12. Does Z623 require an amp ? Initially, I wanted to use it as a computer speaker, later connect to TV, etc.
For that room size the Z623 is enough . With source i meant sound card which i am guessing is the onboard chip , thats ok . Also to connect to a TV , your TV muct have a headphone jack or RCA Red-White audio output . The mentioned MX5021 is history . A fine product which is replaced by a crappy 6021 . Also avoid used audio products for most of the time .

Back