How is the aftersales service of AsRock in India?

Depends on the product. I prefer AsRock mobos over MSI and others as service is nearby and their mobos dont fry as fast as msi ones. That has been my experience.

you will feel A$s under Rock read more here
I love this forums :laughing:

Reading that thread, it seems to me that it was a one off incident regarding their delays but Its nothing not heard of, specially if a product has to be shipped from outside country.
Its kind of an industry standard now to ship cards with the worst possible thermal paste ever. I read somewhere that they use good thermal pastes for the initial period of the product where testers and reviewers review their cards and once that's up they switch to horrible thermal pastes which barely keep up with the card until they pump out/go bad (all within the first few years, noting the normal life span of thermal pastes are 4-5 years).

Personally speaking I would rather go with AsRock than ASUS/MSI/Gigabyte in motherboard category. They have been competitive recently and my b450m pro still gets bios updates to this day and I haven't had any problem yet.

I have gigabyte x670e aurous master motherboard which is an expensive motherboard but it has lot of problems . It’s not stable , date and time resets on its own . Whenever we plug in and plug out the lan wire ( to change the internet ) we always have to disable and enable the adapter for the internet to work . Fast boost doesn’t work always . Bio is still buggy . Very sad experience.

I have gigabyte x670e aurous master motherboard which is an expensive motherboard but it has lot of problems . It’s not stable , date and time resets on its own . Whenever we plug in and plug out the lan wire ( to change the internet ) we always have to disable and enable the adapter for the internet to work . Fast boost doesn’t work always . Bio is still buggy . Very sad experience.
Off-topic post but I might as well help you. Assuming you are already on newest bios version. Have you tried replacing cmos battery? Date and time being wrong is always a sign of bad cmos battery (and sometimes your windows setting for date and time being wrong, make sure its set to sync automatically). For ethernet make sure you are on latest drivers (first uninstall current driver > install driver from your gigabyte's motherboard page > install newest driver from intel directly or from here)

That is an expensive motherboard but unless its something hardware related I doubt you can get it RMA'ed. For software issues in case my suggestions haven't worked, you will need to email their support and hope they provide something useful. (lol)

Off-topic post but I might as well help you. Assuming you are already on newest bios version. Have you tried replacing cmos battery? Date and time being wrong is always a sign of bad cmos battery (and sometimes your windows setting for date and time being wrong, make sure its set to sync automatically). For ethernet make sure you are on latest drivers (first uninstall current driver > install driver from your gigabyte's motherboard page > install newest driver from intel directly or from here)

That is an expensive motherboard but unless its something hardware related I doubt you can get it RMA'ed. For software issues in case my suggestions haven't worked, you will need to email their support and hope they provide something useful. (lol)
CMOS battery last near about 5 years but my motherboard is 6 months old . After going through Reddit I found out there is a guy who purchased 5 motherboards and out of which 3 motherboards had dead cmos battery , and the hard part is that cmos battery isn’t easy accessible. I need to remove the mobo completely from the chassis to access the battery . Truly gigabyte experience

CMOS battery last near about 5 years but my motherboard is 6 months old . After going through Reddit I found out there is a guy who purchased 5 motherboards and out of which 3 motherboards had dead cmos battery , and the hard part is that cmos battery isn’t easy accessible. I need to remove the mobo completely from the chassis to access the battery . Truly gigabyte experience
Bro no way. What the hell. What is gigabyte even doing :cyclops:

you will feel A$s under Rock read more here

For Motherboard i will prefer Gigabyte
That reddit thread has so much wrong info/confusion. First of all, inspririsys is no longer asrock rma partner in India. It is now Aforeserve & they only have a main centre in Bangalore which handles rma of asrock products. Now all service centres of asrock in India are basically just collection/drop points. If you have any issue with asrock product then even for getting it checked it needs to be send to Bangalore & all this will take at least 2 weeks. I RMAd a mobo a few months back via aforeserve & collected the replacement mobo from the "service/collection centre" & received it in a not even proper original motherboard box but a 15.6" laptop carry cardboard box but fortunately mobo was still in anti static bag with foam covers at bottom so only 2-3 header pins were slightly bent which the service/collection centre guy fixed with tweezers.
@jayanttyagi @rsaeon @rockyo27 (no more service/collection centre in Nehru Place btw) @YeAhx @Prosenjit

I RMAd a mobo a few months back via aforeserve & collected the replacement mobo from the "service/collection centre" & received it in a not even proper original motherboard box but a 15.6" laptop carry cardboard box but fortunately mobo was still in anti static bag with foam covers at bottom so only 2-3 header pins were slightly bent which the service/collection centre guy fixed with tweezers.
this is also not acceptable, buyer expect product in good shape, what if 2-3 header that are bent get cut or uproot from board in fixing process? ... I still consider this type of ASS is bad ...

have had same experience with Intel Original Board replacement service... board manufacturers really do not care board (buyers) once it's stamped as repaired/replacement

Now all service centres of asrock in India are basically just collection/drop points.
This sucks. Let me guess, all those service centres are most probably of other brands and they just serve as collection/drop points for AsRock. Something that is very common for many smaller yet known brands.

I RMAd a mobo a few months back via aforeserve & collected the replacement mobo from the "service/collection centre" & received it in a not even proper original motherboard box but a 15.6" laptop carry cardboard box but fortunately mobo was still in anti static bag with foam covers at bottom so only 2-3 header pins were slightly bent which the service/collection centre guy fixed with tweezers.
Things are so bad we consider "2-3 slightly bent header pins" as a fortunate thing haha. This is one of the issues with long distance shipping but they know about this yet don't want to have dedicated service centres because its cheaper to ship than operate multiple service centres. Talk about downsizing.

this is also not acceptable, buyer expect product in good shape, what if 2-3 header that are bent get cut or uproot from board in fixing process? ... I still consider this type of ASS is bad ...
Worse yet if the motherboard were to get RMA'ed again, they will discover and consider it physically damaged thus might refuse to RMA it. All in all you are looking at either RMAing it again (and wait whatever weeks) or accept that your product might just be out of warranty now.

This sucks. Let me guess, all those service centres are most probably of other brands and they just serve as collection/drop points for AsRock. Something that is very common for many smaller yet known brands.
Yes. In fact the service centre I visited was a very small one (literally smaller than a 1bhk in a typical tier-1 city) & service centre of small small brands like boat.

Worse yet if the motherboard were to get RMA'ed again, they will discover and consider it physically damaged thus might refuse to RMA it. All in all you are looking at either RMAing it again (and wait whatever weeks) or accept that your product might just be out of warranty now.
Exactly my worry so asked the service centre guy to note it down somewhere for future reference but he said no worries & used tweezers to straighten the header pins. I also assumed such slight bent header pins is the norm because if they start rejecting cases on basis of this then I guess almost everybody's case would be rejected.
@Emperor

Back