Laptops How is the HP dv6-1110ax ?

polarviga

Disciple
How is this laptop?will mainly be using it for programming,CAD,Photoshop..and casual gaming

The Config is:

AMD Turion X2 Dual-Core Mobile Processor RM-74 (2.2 GHz)

• 4 GB PC2-6400 DDR2 (800 MHz)

• 320 GB Serial ATA • 150 MB/sec @ 5400 RPM

• 8X SuperMulti Drive with DL

• ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4650 • 1 GB Dedicated Graphics

• 15.6” Widescreen Colour TFT•
What i would like to know is,

1.How is dis proccesor?..is it gud?how is it compared to intel ones?

2.Has anyone used or had any problems with this HP model as I cant find any reviews at all!

processor looks on par with P8600 C2D. what is the price of this laptop? any links for full config and pics.. sounds good. or u could go for dell studio 15 with similar config for just above with 50000.

@paddydevil: I disagree. Thats not really a generic statement nowadays.

@The Prince: After 2 years or so, pretty much all notebooks are usually junk, no matter what the processor :)

anjath said:
processor looks on par with P8600 C2D. what is the price of this laptop? any links for full config and pics.. sounds good. or u could go for dell studio 15 with similar config for just above with 50000.

Can you give any source which vindicates your conclusion?

Use this list to see with which processor your processor is equivalent to: Notebookcheck: Mobile Processors - Benchmarklist
Actually the AMD RM-74 is much nearer to the Intel T3200 rather than the P8600.

@Polarviga It is much better to buy the Dell Studio 15 as it comes with much better processor and discrete graphics.
You can also check out the Acer Aspire 5536G.

@hotshot05

yeah..now confused between acer 5536g n dis hp model..my budget is around 45k..so dell studio costs 50k..spending 50k on dell studio worth or shuld i go with acer instead.

polarviga said:
@hotshot05
yeah..now confused between acer 5536g n dis hp model..my budget is around 45k..so dell studio costs 50k..spending 50k on dell studio worth or shuld i go with acer instead.

Dont buy the Acer 5536G and the HP lappy you mentioned if your budget is 50k.

It is much better to buy the Dell Studio 15 as you are getting a much better processor. Also if you can, try to get the optional 9-cell battery pack. It will provide more run time.

HI,
Even i am on the lookout to know abt this laptop (hp dv6 1110) but i am not sure of the Processor.I thought it was on par or even above par than intel t6400.
Amd turion x2 rm 74 has a FSB of 3600 compared to 800 of intel t6400 but looses to it in the cache memory ( 1mb vs 2 mb). so overall it should be on par. Correct me if i m wrong. AMD clock speed is 2.2 vs t6400 clock speed is 2.0. And also considering the fact that the heating problem in AMD no longer exists.

Hence i m not able to settle on this processor cause of the general opinion that Intel is better than amd always.

meyyar said:
HI,
Even i am on the lookout to know abt this laptop (hp dv6 1110) but i am not sure of the Processor.I thought it was on par or even above par than intel t6400.
Amd turion x2 rm 74 has a FSB of 3600 compared to 800 of intel t6400 but looses to it in the cache memory ( 1mb vs 2 mb). so overall it should be on par. Correct me if i m wrong. AMD clock speed is 2.2 vs t6400 clock speed is 2.0. And also considering the fact that the heating problem in AMD no longer exists.

Hence i m not able to settle on this processor cause of the general opinion that Intel is better than amd always.

well, you simply cant compare clocks of two differnce series of manufactures n conclude which will be faster. a lot will depend on the instruction set or how much work will the processor do per cycle. c2d in general is pretty efficent and even at the same clock will out perform the amd processor.

on the other hand, amd has integrated memory controller. so the speed at which it will communicate with the cache is far higher than the intel processor. (though intel i7 again has a integrated memory controller).

i did try to google a bit for the relative performance, but i was not able to find a representative benchmark. so i personally would tend to lean towards the intel solution as it shoule be possible to get something higher than t6400 in intel within the budget range

I think that model has onboard HD3200 gfx. Correct me if wrong.

That itself makes this laptop a gr8 buy as u'll be able to do light gaming as well(10x better than INTEL's IGP performance).

And what's the price btw?

comp@ddict said:
I think that model has onboard HD3200 gfx. Correct me if wrong.

That itself makes this laptop a gr8 buy as u'll be able to do light gaming as well(10x better than INTEL's IGP performance).

And what's the price btw?

it has dedicated 1gb 4650 gfx card..it is for 46k

@polarviga

Which city r u from.. I m stuck in bangalore. probably coz of high taxes here the rate is high..
So why have u decided to buy hp 1110 or why not ?

might go with it...still checking other models.

.found few users with dis lappy..dey seem to be satisfied..

.n der is only 5 degree temp higher compared to intel models itseems..i am not sure abt dis temp thing...

btw i am frm visakhapatnam

bitsandpieces said:
i did try to google a bit for the relative performance, but i was not able to find a representative benchmark. so i personally would tend to lean towards the intel solution as it shoule be possible to get something higher than t6400 in intel within the budget range

I think you did not search well enough. :p :bleh:

Here is a benchmark list I found(just type "Laptop processor benchmark" in Google): Notebookcheck: Mobile Processors - Benchmarklist

Back