Laptops How is the HP dv6-1110ax ?

polarviga said:
it has dedicated 1gb 4650 gfx card..it is for 46k

meyyar said:
@ polarviga
I received a quote of 47.5 k with tax from a hp dealer. May i know where u got this quote from ?

Are you two guys sure that the laptop for which you got the quote contains the ATI HD4650???
I checked the HP website from where I downloaded a brochure about the HP Dv6. It seems that there are a lot of configuration options for this laptop.
Some configurations have the ATI 3200, some others have ATI HD 4530 512MB and some have ATI HD 4650 1GB option.

The ATI HD 4650 is a pretty high end card(Better than the nVidia 9700M) and so should cost a lot.

Also I am very well aware that the Pavilion series is a premium line of HP and HP usually charges a lot more for configurations similar to that provided by Dell.

So it seems surprising that they would sell a lappy with the ATI HD4650 1GB for only 45k.

Please crosscheck the dealer and ask him to provide the full configuration. I think both of you are being taken for a ride by the dealers from whom you got a quote. After you will buy it, you will notice that you have a different graphics option inside.

If you can, take GPU-Z and Everest on a pen drive and ask the seller to allow you to install the program and check out the specifications yourself rather than believe him.

@hotshot05

i checked it out.da very next day...after getting da quote frm hp dealer

.it is ati 4650 with 1 gb dedicated graphics..

i got confused as why it is so cheap compared to dell studio..so i started this thread

bitsandpieces said:
u had already given the link so i didnt need to search for it :p but are you sure that you can see the benchmark of RM-74 ?

I can simply find only the specs

I think they only provide the benchmark number for only those notebooks which either they have personally tested or have been provided by some established review site.

But they generally put the processors at an estimated place. So I dont know if it is its true place or not. But its true position will be nearby.

The Acer Aspire 5536G that they tested was equipped with an AMD Turion QL-64 and not a RM-74. So maybe thay have not laid their hands on any lappy with an RM-74 yet.

Expect it be similar to the processor above it.. :) ;)
bitsandpieces said:
u had already given the link so i didnt need to search for it :p but are you sure that you can see the benchmark of RM-74 ?

I can simply find only the specs

polarviga said:
@hotshot05
i checked it out.da very next day...after getting da quote frm hp dealer
.it is ati 4650 with 1 gb dedicated graphics..
i got confused as why it is so cheap compared to dell studio..so i started this thread

With what did you check the configuration. Did you just check the box in which it was packed or did you run GPU-Z???

polarviga said:
checked da box with it was packed n also confirmed frm other buyers...dey dint allow me to run gpu-z..

What did the other buyers say??? How much did they but it for?

Are they satisfied with its performance? How is the gaming performance?

Did they mention if there is anything wrong with the laptop, I mean why is it priced so low??

:huh:

@hotshot05

A frnd of mine brought this lappy few days back,he got is for 45k

HP gave Vista 32 bit edition when this laptop has 4gig ram..vista experience index is all round 5.0 due to processor, graphics index is 5.9

Till now he haven't faced any problems,except for the fact that it gets a little bit heated while playing games..tested a few games all running perfectly including GTA4 with 800x600 resolution getting around 40fps..so fully playable..

dont know why it is priced so low may be proccy?

^^ ya its the proccy....still its a good buy.

Regarding heating Issue ...its a problem for nearly every gaming laptop.Get a very good laptop cooler when playing games.

Even my Sony with a 8400GT ,intel proccy heats quickly at gaming.

Buy it.

How is this one compared to dell 1555? I'll be using it mainly for gaming (I know I should get a desktop but very inconvenient since I have to move around a lot) and surfing. Also give links to reviews/benchmarks if available

even i'm looking for the same as one of my friend bought it for 46k while my other friend bought dv6 1154tx for 65k(interl core 2 duo and 500 gb hdd)..
the main thing that worries me is, this laptop comes with vista 32 bit which recognizes only 3gb of ram.! we need vista 64 bit to use the 4 gb of ram..
i found this while configuring hp laptops.

"A 64-bit Operating System is required to take full advantage of 4GB memory. A 32-bit Operating System only recognizes up to 3GB memory."

In the below link, click "edit" near memory and you will be able to notice it.

HP Official Store — Buy and Customize your dv6 and dv6t series PC direct from HP

how serious is this issue.!:huh::huh::huh::huh:

Pragadheesh said:
even i'm looking for the same as one of my friend bought it for 46k while my other friend bought dv6 1154tx for 65k(interl core 2 duo and 500 gb hdd)..
the main thing that worries me is, this laptop comes with vista 32 bit which recognizes only 3gb of ram.! we need vista 64 bit to use the 4 gb of ram..

"A 64-bit Operating System is required to take full advantage of 4GB memory. A 32-bit Operating System only recognizes up to 3GB memory."

HP Official Store — Buy and Customize your dv6 and dv6t series PC direct from HP

But then again some application don work on 64-bit plaform! :mad:
There's a software called Ultimate Vista Tweaker. I found that it has an option that says "Extend 4GB support for Vista". Does it really work? Anyone know/tried/heard of it? :huh:

Pragadheesh said:

1GB of RAM when you already have 3GB at your disposal does not make too much of a difference unless you are heavily into Photoshopping RAW images and creating animations using Maya/3DS Max.

Also Windows Vista 64 bit is very unstable. So if you want to fully utilize the RAM, you will have to bear with the fact that your applications may crash frequently and some applications may not run at all.

Back