Laptops How long does Dell takes to deliver?

m-jeri

A Nobody.
Skilled
Hi all..

I ordered a Dell Inspiron 15R from dell. paid for it last monday.

and by checking on dell status website. it shows the following

Date Delivery Status Remark
23-Aug-2010 Order Received
24-Aug-2010 Order released to manufacturing
25-Aug-2010 Manufacturing Build Complete

for the last 5 days...

Estimate Delivery Date: 31-Aug-2010

will they deliver?

They should. Actually it depends on the kind of customization you have done with the system.

In US and UK Dell has some fast track models which they ship to you within 48 hrs of confirmed payment.

If it is very urgent call the direct number for the person who processed your order and ask him to give

you the status. He may also be able to give you the shipment number. They generally ship with Blue Dart

so you should be able to track the delivery.

Btw Can you post what configuration did you buy and were you given any discounts etc. Most importantly

did you buy 3 years warranty and did that affect the discounts. My friend is on lookout for a new laptop so

this may help :)

the website shows the status with a delay. I had ordered once while the status was still showing manufacturing it was delivered to my address. They only updated to delivery status after 2 days. So yes you should receive it by 31st if things don't go wrong during manufacturing. as they ship through bluedart which usually ships within 48hours of them receiving it. There is a way do check on the bluedart website with the order/reference no of dell. check that. If its with bluedart i.e. you are able to check the satus then you might receive it if not that means its not with dell and would atleast take a day more.

this is the exact status for a friend of mine who booked it 2 weeks ago .. they said it will be delayed by ten days as they cannot cope up with the orders .. my friend booked it from chroma .and evrytime a manger calls back in 5 days to give her an update that the shipment is delayed for some odd reason .. seriously pathetic service

@motor

I opted the base model with 5470 512 MB and a 2 year complete cover.

And i purchased through Dell EPP. :).

i got my laptop in 5Days after booking from Dell Site.....

Will get another mostly this next month....

call up dell toll free no. give them the order number and ask them the status. you should get the docket number of the courier through which they send the machine.

I just called up their toll free 1800 425 2067.

The automated system tells ill receive the machine today.

but no updation in website. :S

no mate, you need to speak to a representative and get the details. automated system will say the same as on website.

Dude call up customer care and bang them. Just tell them you need it asap.
For the record...I ordered from Delhi and got mine in 4-5 days.

Hp you get urs soon too

Mate use the same number you had used to order your laptop (assuming you ordered over phone)

Also the representative who would have processes your order would have mailed you the

quote first. Check the mail. Ideally there should be a direct number listed for the sales person.

ohhh... You dont even have a contact email or something?

The other way is to call the toll free number and go through the IVRS to reach a representative and then quote your order confirmation number.

Hope you get your lappy soon :)

ok my friend called today .. they gave one year extra on that complete cover and promised to deliver by the end of this week . no bad .. the other option given was a bag or a bluetooth headset

In United States, when you order a custom built laptop at dell they take 10-15 days for building the configuration & leaves warehouse in 2 more days & then all depends upon type of shipping you choose.

If yours is not a custom built laptop it should have be delivered within time specified.

Back