Android How much better would a new 10-15k phone be compared to old k3 note or Moto G4?

r19

Disciple
Main criteria is camera(especially vids), display, and normal use, no games or something like that. I have a k3 note and a Moto g4. It seems the screens in the price for which i bought k3 note would surely be worse, they are all at 720p, but I'm not sure how much better a 1080p would since k3 note somehow has exceptional contrast. Camera would be better than k3 note, but I'm not sure how much better than G4, many don't even shoot 60fps and vid seem blurry.

Kind of thinking to buy one since my k3 note has many annoying issues (hardware) and the power button's flap just separated. Though I rarely use the phone nowadays, so just don't feel like buying it. But then again if I have to buy in the future might as well save the pain of today.

Miles better. Smartphones within this price rang have gotten very good. Midrange chips have improved , so performance isn't an issue anymore. Multi Cameras can be useful while image processing has also improved(Those 2mp Depth and Mirco lenses are useless though), battery life is better and most important is android. Android from A10 feels like a much mature platform, A11 is even better. The only downside to this is companies providing their own custom skins filled with bloatware and ads which are annoying.

Or you can just buy a used phone in your budget. You will easily get flagships of last year or 2 years before in this price range and they will be definitely much better in both performance and camera quality.

Can anyone tell me specifically about video recording capability?

Miles better. Smartphones within this price rang have gotten very good. Midrange chips have improved , so performance isn't an issue anymore. Multi Cameras can be useful while image processing has also improved(Those 2mp Depth and Mirco lenses are useless though), battery life is better and most important is android. Android from A10 feels like a much mature platform, A11 is even better. The only downside to this is companies providing their own custom skins filled with bloatware and ads which are annoying.
That's sad. I also can't figure how these mobiles are not smooth when they have the memory and capacity of desktops and mobile apps are mostly lightweight. Still so many people talking about how a phone is smooth or not. I know Java has a little overhead on memory but not that much.

Or you can just buy a used phone in your budget. You will easily get flagships of last year or 2 years before in this price range and they will be definitely much better in both performance and camera quality.
Seems interesting. Is there a reliable place to buy other than here?

I would suggest OLX as well. If video recording is the most important thing, do take a look at LG G8X. Due to their current sale, you should be able to find many of them for 18-20k(after bargaining) on OLX. Do check out it's reviews for known issues so you can check the pieces before buying.

what is your budget? you can easily get k20/ k20 pro/ lg g8x/redmi note 9 pro maxx ultra whatever under 18~20k used. dont bother with k3 notes or moto g4. they'll suck wrt software.

Can anyone tell me specifically about video recording capability?

That's sad. I also can't figure how these mobiles are not smooth when they have the memory and capacity of desktops and mobile apps are mostly lightweight. Still so many people talking about how a phone is smooth or not. I know Java has a little overhead on memory but not that much.

Most of it comes to optimization as companies don't care about software on these devices. If you don't want to spend a lot buying a Xiaomi Note series device and installing custom rom is a very good option.

Most of it comes to optimization as companies don't care about software on these devices. If you don't want to spend a lot buying a Xiaomi Note series device and installing custom rom is a very good option.
you can consider this or phones like Poco F1, Zuk Z2 Plus have excellent support and once you install GCam - photos/videos look convenient as if they were shot on Pixel/Nexus devices.

On this same forum, there was someone who is selling Nexus 5/5x - that could be contender too with plenty of custom rom options.

you can consider this or phones like Poco F1, Zuk Z2 Plus have excellent support and once you install GCam - photos/videos look convenient as if they were shot on Pixel/Nexus devices.

On this same forum, there was someone who is selling Nexus 5/5x - that could be contender too with plenty of custom rom options.
Yes. I have a Note 7 pro and have a Pixel rom installed works like Pixel 4a with all pixel features.

Doesn't buying from sites like OLX put you at risk for example for changed parts?

what is your budget? you can easily get k20/ k20 pro/ lg g8x/redmi note 9 pro maxx ultra whatever under 18~20k used. dont bother with k3 notes or moto g4. they'll suck wrt software.
Not sure.. I think 10-14k.
I also was planning to buy a video camera (in particular the new DJI pocket 2) but its selling for 7k(or 25%) more than US price, so feeling like waiting a bit. 32k is a bit too much

Doesn't buying from sites like OLX put you at risk for example for changed parts?

Not sure.. I think 10-14k.
I also was planning to buy a video camera (in particular the new DJI pocket 2) but its selling for 7k(or 25%) more than US price, so feeling like waiting a bit. 32k is a bit too much
If the camera is your main criteria then you would probably have to spend more and get a Samsung or the Pixel 4a.

Back