Budget 71-90K How much brightness does LG 240hz OLED 1440p actually have in real world usage?

panny

Market Restricted
Disciple
Any havers of this monitor here ?LG 27" Ultragear™ OLED Gaming Monitor QHD (2560 x 1440) @240Hz & 0.03ms, DCI-P3 98.5%, Anti-Glare, G-SYNC Compatible, FreeSync Premium, Height/Swivel/Pivot Stand, HDMI, DP, Speakers, HP Out 27GR95QE

My question is, I know its an oled so low brightness, but how low? My room have a tube light, and very little outside lighting as Curtains are always in palce, small room. Will this monitor be bright enought for everytime of the day so that I can enjoy it? (I dont watch HDR content, nor do I want to blast my eyes with full brightness, for ref, I use my acer xv272ux 1440p 270hz monitor on 65% brightness constant

Acer xv272ux is quite fast for a LCD panel and has good SDR brightness around 360-450 nits as per reviews. To accurately get an idea of the brightness from 65% setting is hard as acer doesn't have a linear brightness settings and the max brightness changes with color space setting.
On the other hand LG 27inch oled brings that sub 1ms response time but without BFI it won't have that smooth rendition of motion seen on CRT (LG C1 was the last lg oled to have it). Brightness of this 27inch model is slated at 190-200 nits in SDR mode, thats quite high for an oled, but for longevity you would be running it 120-180 nits.
To know if this brightness range would work for you I would suggest to set the color setting to user mode and turn ON VRB to Normal (Adaptive sync disabled) and see how this brightness works then set to Extreme in VRB and Check the brightness again.
VRB Normal would bring your screen brightness to around half and extreme to around one third. If you're comfortable with Vrb extreme brightness then LG oled should work. If you find it low and vrb normal is enough then you will have to use the lg oled at 90-100% oled brightness in SDR. Don't know how long the panel will last but I hope you get an idea with this and have realistic expectations.

Acer xv272ux is quite fast for a LCD panel and has good SDR brightness around 360-450 nits as per reviews. To accurately get an idea of the brightness from 65% setting is hard as acer doesn't have a linear brightness settings and the max brightness changes with color space setting.
On the other hand LG 27inch oled brings that sub 1ms response time but without BFI it won't have that smooth rendition of motion seen on CRT (LG C1 was the last lg oled to have it). Brightness of this 27inch model is slated at 190-200 nits in SDR mode, thats quite high for an oled, but for longevity you would be running it 120-180 nits.
To know if this brightness range would work for you I would suggest to set the color setting to user mode and turn ON VRB to Normal (Adaptive sync disabled) and see how this brightness works then set to Extreme in VRB and Check the brightness again.
VRB Normal would bring your screen brightness to around half and extreme to around one third. If you're comfortable with Vrb extreme brightness then LG oled should work. If you find it low and vrb normal is enough then you will have to use the lg oled at 90-100% oled brightness in SDR. Don't know how long the panel will last but I hope you get an idea with this and have realistic expectations.
ayoo, this is a really detailed explanation thankyou. I just saw I am actually running at 40% brightness when Max brightness setting is on and I am perfectly fine with this brightness setting, I will still check your settings further down but from what i read it seems I should be perfectly fine yes?

Back