Budget 41-50k How much should I look to spend on a decent gaming setup?

Digigear

Disciple
I'm basically a developer who games on the side to just chill out. A lot of the times I get games that are cheap on Steam and I am able to run them on my Lenoco Ideapad S340 (i3, 20GB RAM with SSD) and it does fairly well even with the Intel 620HD built in graphics card. Surprisingly it can even run GTA 5 fast enough. Obviously I have to keep the settings low and the frame rates kind suck at times on the Crysis Remastered games.

I'm not *seriously* considering getting a new computer right this second, but it is in the back of my mind and I believe within the next year I would like to get myself one. I'd just use it for gaming on medium to high settings with nice frame rates for the games that I have and be able to run games that I know I can't run on my laptop (Death Stranding, Red Dead Redemption 2, Far Cry 5/6 etc.). I am just looking to see how much I should save to be able to get one that would last for a few years to come.

Some things to note:-
  1. I have to mention that I might also get into machine learning coding and that does require me to have a nice system for that as well.
  2. I'll only need the CPU, GPU, RAM, SSD and whatever else goes in the Cabinet along with the Cabinet. I've got the monitor, keyboard and mouse and whatever else I need to complete the entire PC.
It would be nice to have a specific range for a budget in mind so that I can save for it. And if you could also throw in a certain config of your preference, that would be great.

Thanks!
PS - I just selected the prefix because it won't let me post otherwise. But I hope my question is valid in this sub.

Last edited:
Haha, sorry, I need the entire Cabinet and whatever goes in it. Not sure how to word it properly, but I just fixed it in the OP.
since you have mentioned that you only need cpu and got everything else, my suggestion is intel i5 11600k or i7 11700k.
Also, I've been hearing that Ryzen is way better. So I'd def want to check that out.

You can go for whole system but gpu(they are hella costly right now. Double of original price even the old ones). Ryzens are good but for machine learning i would say check which is good intel or ryzen and what gpu you will require.

You can go for whole system but gpu(they are hella costly right now. Double of original price even the old ones). Ryzens are good but for machine learning i would say check which is good intel or ryzen and what gpu you will require.
Ok, so let's say I got everything now but the GPU, how much will that set me back? Anyway, remember that I'm only planning to buy sometimes in the next year and I am just looking for the right numbers right now so that I can save up in planned manner. So assuming that the GPU prices are back to normal in the next year, how much would that set me back by?

Forget ML for now. It's anyway a secondary requirement. Ignoring that, what would be a good budget to have?
Your budget will purely depend on the GPU market, the kind of games (You mentioned Crysis Remastered which is pretty much top tier) and the resolution you wish to play at.

I think for a good enough cpu without gpu would be like 40-45kor max 50k i guess...used will be less.
And the best place to look for used machines?

Btw, I found these. But not sure if these are good deals or not:-
  1. https://www.olx.in/item/ryzen-7-3700x-high-end-gaming-pc-or-editing-p-iid-1662040585
  2. https://www.olx.in/item/good-condition-editing-and-gaming-pc-iid-1660155740
Your budget will purely depend on the GPU market, the kind of games (You mentioned Crysis Remastered which is pretty much top tier) and the resolution you wish to play at.
I'm not looking for like 4k 60fps or something of that sort. I would honestly be happy with 60fps at 720p with medium graphics even, on all games, even including Resident Evil Village. I just want playable performance on latest games. Nothing super fancy.

I'm not a gaming expert but I've assembled Ryzen APUs for others who need a general-purpose computer with casual gaming as a secondary application. For example, my brother's kids are quite happy with a Ryzen 5 3400G system that I assembled early this year. Now there are the faster Ryzen 5 5600G and Ryzen 7 5700G, and probably still better ones next year. You could always add a discrete graphics card later.

Back