How to build such a Monitor Wall of 9 Monitors of 4K Resolution and 42 Inch Screen Size?

Made a typo in my previous reply, have corrected it.

Most 2D apps like Excel and web browsers can be freely resized to span across multiple monitors or a part of one monitor without extra hardware or software. Just drag the corner/edge and place the windows where you want them.

This is my setup:
View attachment 209419

I can dynamically resize Excel to occupy the entire width of 1 & 2 or the entire height of 2 & 3, or if I had 2x2, the entire area of the 4 monitors.

AMD Eyefinity/Nvidia Surround was needed for 3D Games which did not natively support multiple screens. The additional benefit was to compensate for bezel thickness so that in game FOV matches IRL FOV. Since most apps can be resized dynamically, there really is no need for this.

The only way to have zero bezel is to get custom panels or using projectors.
Yes, you are right. Windows 11 makes it very easy to work with multiple monitors and you can easily stretch most of the application windows across multiple monitors. It is not as complicated as it might look like.

Few guys have connected even 10 monitors to their PC with the help of compatible GPU.

And I am not really looking for the zero bezel experience, but still want to reduce it as much as possible, so that there is less distraction because of these horizontal and vertical lines on the bigger screen.

20231030 112917 - display.png

dude did you check the LG link i posted it represents the same

Thank you so much for sharing those links.

While exploring those links, I found that most of those LG screens have FHD resolution of 1080p which would drastically reduce the amount of information that could be displayed on them. Moreover these type of screens are meant for commercial showrooms etc. and they won't be useful for doing work on Excel Sheets and Coding IDE and displaying various stock market dashboards etc. As a few friends have already mentioned, I need to make sure that the FONTS display on these screens properly, because that is going to be my main work. The charts have got a lot of information inside them and I need to be able to read them easily from a distance of minimum 5 feet away. That is why computer monitors are my best bet, if I can get them with thin bezels and 40 inch+ sizes. The problem is that there is not huge market for this type and size of monitors, so their are very few options available. And even in them, most monitors are designed to serve a hybrid function of TV and Monitor both.

Last edited:
And I am not really looking for the zero bezel experience, but still want to reduce it as much as possible, so that there is less distraction because of these horizontal and vertical lines on the bigger screen.
Get an extra monitor and try a dual monitor setup first. You'll realise that for independent app windows even thick bezels don't matter: it only matters for stuff like watching videos on the full wall area/gaming

1727628531094.jpeg

1727628623838.jpeg

Yes, most of my trader friends have these type of setups only. I already have 4 monitors myself. But I have some work cases in which I would prefer to have better viewing experience. For example, I have some pretty big mind maps and I want to spread them over multiple screens to see how various topics link to each other. Having the monitor arrangements as in the above pictures, doesn't serve that purpose. Same applies for have big size visualization dashboards as well. If I am not able to find a good solution as in the original post, then this type of monitor arrangement is the last resort anyway. I will simply double up the screens that I already have.

Thank you so much for your suggestions.
And some traders actually end up having too many screens like these -

over.jpg

1727634963516.jpeg

Last edited:
Having the monitor arrangements as in the above pictures
Off topic but couldn't help it, in that above pic of 15 monitors why is that 14 monitors are showing stock market related info but that one monitor at the top is showing what looks like a girl at a swimming pool/beach. It is just so out of context there.

Slim bezels these days are marketed towards designers who prefer them for aesthetic reasons, so you'll probably end up getting a model that has superfluous features like colour accuracy and multiple inputs even though they're not something you need.

Some years ago, I was looking for a matte 43" 4K monitor and at the time, the best option was from Dell. Looks like that's still the case. The finances didn't work out for me, so I ended up with 3x matte 32" 2K monitors instead and I've been pretty happy with the setup, though some day I'd like to add three more screens on top.

This type of setup u are seeing i have seen in NOC also.
Let me ask someone i guess the ad displays used by shops and in malls are same and are made for 24*7 work. I guess these can be procured from local assemblers.
Let me find some info and post back here.

Slim bezels these days are marketed towards designers who prefer them for aesthetic reasons, so you'll probably end up getting a model that has superfluous features like colour accuracy and multiple inputs even though they're not something you need.
Brother, you have summed it perfectly. This is exactly the problem that I am facing. Most of these monitors which are available in 40+ inch size, are packed with these extra features, which would serve zero purpose in my case, but would still cost me a bomb. That is why I am so eager to do all this research in order to see if there is a monitor out there, which could meet most of my essential requirements and which does not have these expensive extra features in them.

These type of COLOR ACCURACY and MULTI PORT HUBS etc. will not be of any special benefit to me, but they increases the price too much.

Could you please mention the model number of for 43" monitor with matte finish? Or if you are aware of any monitors in the size range of 40" to 50" and which have 4K matt finish. I will try to shortlist from those options.

And your current setup has got plenty of screen real estate. Nice setup. Could you please tell how you have connected these 5 screens together and how are you able to monitor your proxmox servers on these monitors, like how do you connect those so many machines with these monitors?

Thank you so much for your inputs.
This type of setup u are seeing i have seen in NOC also.
Let me ask someone i guess the ad displays used by shops and in malls are same and are made for 24*7 work. I guess these can be procured from local assemblers.
Let me find some info and post back here.
That would be really helpful rocky bhai.
@rsaeon , I noticed that one of your monitors is also glossy which has got a lot more REFLECTION, compared with your other monitors. It is named Monitor-4, where I have highlighted the reflection.

I want to avoid this type of reflection at all cost, because I will be looking at these monitors for long duration continuously.

Your all other monitors look good to me. Thanks for sharing this.

IMG_2057 - glossy.JPEG

Last edited:
Could you please tell how you have connected these 5 screens together

I noticed that one of your monitors is also glossy which has got a lot more REFLECTION,

This was a test setup to show potential buyers that all five of the outputs of a graphics card were working. The card had some damage so there was a doubt. @tech.monk generously offered to buy the card at my asking price which helped me out of an emi hole (nevermind that I'm in another emi hole right now ha).

At the time, only the 3x 32" monitors were permanently connected, I brought in the other monitors for testing from other systems. The 4th monitor is actually a TV, it's now setup somewhere else for my mother to watch KBC.

My main desktop is a M1 Mac mini, it has two display outputs, so I use a Dell D3100 display dock to drive the third 32" as well as another smaller monitor, for a total of 4 currently. The display dock uses DisplayLink to drive a monitor on the USB bus and this model can drive up to three monitors. Because bandwidth over USB is finite, you'll need to consult the manual for these kind docks to see what combination of resolutions is possible.

As best as I can remember, this D3100 is the last or only model by Dell that supports three displays from a type A port. Everything else supports just two displays per type A USB 3.0 port.

Screen Shot 2024-10-01 at 9.46.39 AM.png

The newer ones need a Type-C port but can drive three 4K displays each, this is for the D6000:

Screen Shot 2024-10-01 at 9.50.20 AM.png:

But you can add as many of these as you want. Ideally, you'd want each of them to be connected to a separate USB controller. The video is compressed before sending over USB so you'll need a decent processor. On my M1, the driver uses around 20% CPU while playing video and under 10% for browsing on that third display:

M1 handles displaylink adapters a lot better than expected. CPU usage right now playing video on a displaylink screen:

Screen Shot 2023-11-11 at 10.26.18 AM.png

how are you able to monitor your proxmox servers on these monitors

That part was easy, I have set up Proxmox to log directly to InfluxDB, so I have Grafana dashboards that pull in data from InfluxDB and generate graphs. All of that is a secondary monitoring system — I receive alerts through Telegram on my phone through a bot I've integrated since these days I'm not on my desktop as much as I would like to be.

Could you please mention the model number of for 43" monitor with matte finish? Or if you are aware of any monitors in the size range of 40" to 50" and which have 4K matt finish. I will try to shortlist from those options.

It looks like all of the current models that are 4K and 43" are hybrid displays, marketed to people who want both a monitor and a TV, so they're all glossy. The models I had short listed are difficult to find in stock, I remember the LG one being the 43UN700. Older revisions of the Dell sometimes end up at refurbishers on OLX, they sell them for around 40K each.

Last edited:
Back