Laptops How to buy a Dell ?

if u want the discount offer btw u can vist ricther street and contact deltapage also sethia computer

also there is acer aspire will be cost 35k with good gpu card ati 4570 is enough for u ;) if u need games /work and study at u collage and hostel time

the dell come with intel gma 4500 gpu card basic one so cannot handle games and sh1t onboard card ;)

MHG said:
Is the burn in procedure for earphones same as that for cars ? I mean run at low volume for some time ?

And what is the exact problem over these ? What do you mean low life ? Any links to reviews ?

I bought EP-630 about two years ago and they died after few months. It's was a similar problem. one of the buds died. Till then I thought it was the best VFM in-ear headphone. Then I purchased Sony MDR-EX32LP and felt that this one's much much better and I used it for one and half year. Now am using Sennhieser CX 200 II Sport and they are even better (1.6k-1.8k is the current price).

Few issues with EP-630:

1) Not as clear sounding as sony MDR-EX series and Sennhieser's
2) quality of build is bit on low side. not recommended for careless use. I have got some 2 yr warranty on cx200 II Sport and it's quality is top class
3) not as comfortable as MDR-EX35LP (costs 900 bucks) for long use

Arun.P said:
if u want the discount offer btw u can vist ricther street and contact deltapage also sethia computer

What discount offer ? And I'm from Bangalore not Chennai.

also there is acer aspire will be cost 35k with good gpu card ati 4570 is enough for u ;) if u need games /work and study at u collage and hostel time

But its supposed to be one hell of a burner. Reviews state riddiculous (56C) temps on it. And the build ain't as durable to last 4 years. So I dropped 5536G out of consideration.

the dell come with intel gma 4500 gpu card basic one so cannot handle games and sh1t onboard card ;)

Not an issue. Dell 14 does NOT come with GMA X4500MHD in my config. Its Radeon HD4330 which though only an entry level GPU can still play crysis at min settings at low res with accptable FPS.

desiibond said:
I bought EP-630 about two years ago and they died after few months. It's was a similar problem. one of the buds died. Till then I thought it was the best VFM in-ear headphone. Then I purchased Sony MDR-EX32LP and felt that this one's much much better and I used it for one and half year. Now am using Sennhieser CX 200 II Sport and they are even better (1.6k-1.8k is the current price).

Few issues with EP-630:

1) Not as clear sounding as sony MDR-EX series and Sennhieser's
2) quality of build is bit on low side. not recommended for careless use. I have got some 2 yr warranty on cx200 II Sport and it's quality is top class
3) not as comfortable as MDR-EX35LP (costs 900 bucks) for long use

Every earphone I have owned has one of the buds dying out. I thought its because of the angle I sleep in or something like that. You sure this is same for everything ? Philips SBC9630 which costs Rs. 50 is something I invest in every three months. Its all the life it has. I felt it was due to rough usage. I must have around 7 pairs of it I guess and only the latest one is functional.

My Creative EP-50 is another thing which lost the right ear. But if I sit in a particular angle with the wire inserted in a certain way I can hear the sound again.

Can this kind of thing be serviced ?

Arun.P said:

Spot on. Acer 5738 is a terrific VFM laptop that costs around 35.5k. superb display, great full size keypad (optional), multitouch trackpad, low after-warranty costs make it a great purchase. But from my friends experience and from other's experience Acer's laptops tend to get problem with optical drive, speakers and trackpad buttons after few months and support infra is not as solid as Dell's.

Toshiba and Apple are the most reliable laptop brands followed by Dell and Sony, then comes Acer and HP IMO

desiibond said:
Spot on. Acer 5738 is a terrific VFM laptop that costs around 35.5k. superb display, great full size keypad (optional), multitouch trackpad, low after-warranty costs make it a great purchase. But from my friends experience and from other's experience Acer's laptops tend to get problem with optical drive, speakers and trackpad buttons after few months and support infra is not as solid as Dell's.

Not to mention their HOT AMD offerings (both performance and literally).

I considered 5536G the MOST but the 45C avg and 50+ in some areas reading put me off. I mean that's friggin riddiculous. Wouldn't last more than 3 years considering the fact that I keep it on for 10 hours a day.

Toshiba and Apple are the most reliable laptop brands followed by Dell and Sony, then comes Acer and HP IMO

You place HP BELOW dell and Sony at par with Dell ? I always felt Toshiba, Sony and Asus were the most reliable followed by Compaq-HP and Dell with lenovo and Acer below.

yes. in India, Dell still has edge over HP in support. Haven't included ASUS as it is yet to find a place in Indian mass market.

And yes, Sony can be ahead of Dell in support and in reliability but the addition of too much of crapware on their laptops and overpriced after warranty services can be real pain.

nice this thread has helped me a lot

going today to buy studio 15 at croma hyderabad

the guys from the online store said that these people sell the laptops for higher price that is more than 3k or so on which the dell online store offers is that true

also can we customize it as we do it in dell site?

if yes when will be the delivery

on the spot or after a couple of days

plz let me know

i think this is too late ill be leaving when u guys answer

anyway plz let me know

@ocizer: avoid chroma if u can. Dell exclusive stores have LOT better deals and u can find cheaper base products.

And no, u can only order there and turns out shipping is 4m chennai so still gotta pay 900 for it.

Price inclusive of everything for direct to home delivery is (online price)+(900 shipping). Tax is discounted.

i find people saying that they will give any customization that we want on the spot

is there anything weird abt it or can it happen

plz im goin in half an hour plz reply

Tejas01 said:
So u decided to go in for dell 14.
I wanted to know when u went to dell showroom, did u ask about customization? I mean getting a customized lappy from the showroom itself rather than booking it on the net.

don't get confused. By saying customization in store, we mean that you pick the components and Dell will take the order. Instead of doing it online, you will be placing the order in their store. Advantage with this is that you will get to play with the models, check quality and find the right model for you by physically checking them :)

Bought a Dell studio laptop last week from their online store.I configured it online and the price was just shy of 53k + VAT +Octroi+transport(900).The salesperson called me the next day, brought the price rounded to Rs 50k if I pay by credit card through their online banking which took just 5 min.
He immediately emailed me a screenshot of the transaction and promised delivery to mumbai in 5 days. I received the Laptop in 4 days.
I must say i was pretty impressed by their efficiency. And the laptop too of course :hap2:
Regards,
Yaj.

Dell Studio 15.6", C2D 8700 processor(2.53 Ghz), 3 Gb RAM,HD 320 Gb 7200 rpm , Ati Radeon 4570,Full HD display,DVD ROM drive, 9 cell battery, Windows 7.

Regards,

Yaj.

This is what i got (Still has to be shipped):(

T6600,3GB,320GB,HD 4570,9-Cell,Sound blaster,Windows 7,MIKE MING SUNBURST:eek:hyeah: -46,000 INR

wishmaster.dj said:
^whats mike ming sunburst?

studio15_mikeming_sunburst.jpg

Its the PC back panel skin design:hap2:

guys drop by to the dell exclusive store... we've got sunburst and derek welch on display :) bunch o surfers and a few others coming soon.
everything else including alienware and adamo is there as well.

my name is kushal and im the team lead/store manager over there.... drop by anytime :)

Back