Monitors How to buy Dell 2007FP monitor?

rshri

Adept
I want to buy this Dell 2007FP monitor (20 inch 4:3) -
Dell UltraSharp 2007FP 50.8cm (20 inch) Monitor | Dell India
But unable to do so till now
- Sent an 'I am interested' message from same site but received no reply.
- Only one seller is selling it in Ebay but the seller is new and far away (Bangalore).
- SMC International has not listed this model in their site.
- No computer shops around have this monitor
I am in Noida BTW.

Please suggest what is the best way for me to get this monitor.

Thanks!!

IPS and PVA versions exist.

Afaik, it's not manufactured anymore. This IS a 5 year old model we are talking about. You might have luck finding a refurbished version though.

rshri said:
5 year old model!!! I am shelving plans to buy this. Thanks for your responses guys!

Do not ditch the idea just because it is a 5 year old model! Dell might still have the stocks although the production is stopped. The 8-bit display on this panel with a 4:3 aspect ratio, is one of the best you can find in the country ATM. Most Dell workstations at my workplace are equipped with this display (more recently they have switched to the 22" Fujitsu display though).

Contact them and they might be willing to help you out with a good price (I am betting around the ~12k mark).

A word of caution though - the earlier models were shipped with LG-Philips S-IPS panel (mine is a Nov. 2008 model); the more recent ones were shipped with the Samsung S-PVA panel.

Gannu said:
A word of caution though - the earlier models were shipped with LG-Philips S-IPS panel (mine is a Nov. 2008 model); the more recent ones were shipped with the Samsung S-PVA panel.

I am a noob :) so you will have to tell me - which panel is better, IPS or PVA? How to ensure that only that panel monitor is sent by Dell?

Each has its strengths. The IPS has better viewing angles, the PVA has better contrast. IMHO, the IPS is better, but there are PVA folks who disagree.

Both are of course much better than a TN.

You can't ensure which panel is sent, it always was a panel lottery. Maybe you can try your luck with the CC reps.

I highly doubt you will get it for 12K though. 4:3 aspect ratio, and more pixels make this a rare/expensive model. Last I recall it was selling for 18k.

rrb said:
Hi Rshri,

I'm trying to get a hold of the same monitor (2007FP).

Its available here : Theitdepot - Dell Ultrasharp 20inch Widescreen Flat Panel LCD Monitor (2007FP)

However, at the moment i am put of by the slightly high price (20k) -- and i'm wondering if a Dell sales representative would be able to offer a better deal (12-15k?).

Please do update this thread if you have any success. :hap2:

Thanks!

R

Hi rrb,

I did not buy this monitor and instead finally settled for DELL U2311h primarily because of price factor.

When I was researching this, I did contact Dell Sales. If I remember correctly they quoted a price of 18K. I believe there is some room for further price negotiation as well.

Best of luck!

Seems to be a very old thread, but i recently inquired a lot about this baby.. and no doubt its worth.. so for any of you who want to have this.. simply call Dell India. they have this monitor available for Rs. 16000 (i asked last week).

Back