How to check newly purchased hardware (specially RAM kit)

Futureized

Skilled
Purchased following few days ago.
Intel cpu i5 12400f
Asus tuf gaming b660m plus wifi mobo
ADATA d30 32 gb (16 x 2) 3200 mhz ram
Radeon RX 6600 Gaming 8GB GDDR6 gpu
WD sn570 500 gb nvme ssd hdd

How do I check / test all hardware?
I want to test both ram as those appear 2200 or 2400 mhz in system app (Asus aura) and bios.

Please make sure XMP is enabled in BIOS. Also, please refer to the Motherboard's specification on manufacturer's website to see which frequency settings are RAM supported in.
Use HwInfo or CPUZ to check it in windows.

I have the same components except for GPU for the past 9 months.

For CPU - Use Cinebench R23 and compare your score online (youtube and/or other review sites).
(There are 2 modes for this CPU - PL1 and PL2. PL1 will make the CPU max at 4GHz all core and 65W max power consumption. PL2 will use the full potential of the CPU with increased power consumption. Depending on the cooler you use the temperature and power consumption will vary. With the stock cooler, the CPU will hit 90+°C on PL2). If Asus Power Enhancement feature in BIOS is ON it is PL2, if it is off, it is PL1. Motherboard defaults to PL2 iirc.)

For RAM - 2400Mhz is the base spec for that RAM. Make sure XMP is enabled in BIOS. Log in and check with CPU-Z memory and SPD tabs and check whether the specs are correct. Run memtest86 for minimum 1 hr (only this test should be running) and check for any errors.

For GPU - Use GPU-Z and see the specs are correct. Install the latest drivers and use Unigine Superposition benchmark to stress test the GPU. You can run the benchmark repeatedly as much as you want to load the GPU continuously (Loop test is available in pro version). Another tool is Unigine Heaven Benchmark which is completely free has loop feature)

For SSD - Use Crystal disk info to check the specs and HDTune/Harddisk sentinel/Crystal Disk Mark to test speeds and compare it online with a product review website's result.

If system boots up motherboard is good. If you want to be super careful, you will want to check all ports, headers, PCI slots, RAM slots, etc., it's upto you.

Use HWINFO64 during all test and notice the power consumption and temperature for the component under test.

Purchased following few days ago.
Intel cpu i5 12400f
Asus tuf gaming b660m plus wifi mobo
ADATA d30 32 gb (16 x 2) 3200 mhz ram
Radeon RX 6600 Gaming 8GB GDDR6 gpu
WD sn570 500 gb nvme ssd hdd

How do I check / test all hardware?
I want to test both ram as those appear 2200 or 2400 mhz in system app (Asus aura) and bios.
Please provide individual part cost (including gst)

Please provide individual part cost (including gst)
How is this related to my question for testing hardware ?
Both RAM configs look fine. Did you buy dual-channel RAM sticks or 2 individual sticks?

Did you update the BIOS to the latest version? If so, do a default setting reset.
I am not sure what exactly dual channel or individual sticks config..
This is written on bill:
Adata D30 16GB x 1 3200MHZ (Black) (4754218593863)
Batch : Primary Batch
2 QTY
2M3300179837
2M3300170406
But came to know about this from other site:

With XMP disabled it appears 1330 MHz hence around 2600 MHz approx. (Memory tab)

With XMP enabled it appears 1596 MHz hence around 3200 MHz.. (Memory tab)

Last edited:
How is this related to my question for testing hardware ?

I am not sure what exactly dual channel or individual sticks config..
Dual channel kits are tested by the manufacturer, for compatibility between the 2 individual RAM sticks so that they can be coupled together to be used in dual-channel mode.

They come in pairs. You cannot buy individual/single stick.

For example/reference only.
If you buy 2 single sticks, they may or may not match to be used in dual-channel mode but usually should work fine in dual-channel mode unless you have very bad luck.

This is written on bill:

But came to know about this from other site:

With XMP disabled it appears 1330 MHz hence around 2600 MHz approx. (Memory tab)

So you have bought, 2 individual sticks and that's why the issue.

And I'll say that you either got scammed or they gave you a 2600MHz stick without checking properly because the pack may look the same regardless of the RAM profile/speed.

Get back to the retailer and ask for them to replace the 2600MHz stick with 3200MHz stick as they've billed you for the same. Get it tested in their local PC and check the BIOS for the proper speed and XMP profile.

Edit: Got confused & read that speed as for individual RAM sticks. If both sticks are showing 3200MHz after enabling XMP, then its fine.

Last edited:

This is normal and the RAM is behaving as it should be. If it's passing memtest without any errors, then you're good.
So you have bought, 2 individual sticks and that's why the issue.

And I'll say that you either got scammed or they gave you a 2600MHz stick without checking properly because the pack may look the same regardless of the RAM profile/speed.

Get back to the retailer and ask for them to replace the 2600MHz stick with 3200MHz stick as they've billed you for the same. Get it tested in their local PC and check the BIOS for the proper speed and XMP profile.
There aren't any issues. With both XMP on and off it's running in dual channel mode (2x64 bit) and with the expected speeds and timings.

Last edited:
Back