CPU/Mobo How to clean desktops, or wash it.

This is highly unnecessary for folks who clean their PCs regularly while being time consuming as well (for the drying part). For paranoid guys like me, I wouldn't go beyond a vacuum blower for the worst of dust and grime in a PC.

she definitely fried that laptop because the battery was still attached. don't know what happens to hermetically sealed HDD in water.

i too wash my computers with water... far too speedy and thorough than dusting every nook and corner.
Washing an open flat PCB motherboard with no CMOS battery and a laptop is very different. I will never wash a laptop. That is plain dumb. Motherboards can be washed easily and they work fine after GOOD Drying.
The only danger is damaging cpu pins or cpu socket pins with cleaning brush.

What about the GPU? Can it be washed too?
Yes. Just remove the fan and heatsink, clean the GPU chipset with alcohol and you can clean the pcb with water, though I feel it is unnecessary to clean a gpu with water but cleaning the chipset with alcohol, applying new thermal paste and oiling the fans should be good. I oiled all fans with some Japanese machine oil used in Juki Sewing machines and the entire PC gets very silent after the wash! The front 120 mm fans in my carbide 400R are connected directly to the psu and hence run at full speed all the time - reducing the life span + being louder. I have it disconnected as of now, ordered some stuff from ali express to make 3/4 fans work on one "system fan" on the mobo.[DOUBLEPOST=1456109472][/DOUBLEPOST]Lol that reminds me I didn't clean the gpu/oil the gpu fan. Will do soon and upload more scary pics.

Back