Audio How To Connect Sony LED TV To 5.1 Speaker System...

Saurabh213

Disciple
I Have A 40" Sony R482B Led Tv And Planning To Buy Edifier DA5100 5.1 Or F&D F6000U..
But I Am Not Able To Understand How Will I Connect Them To Get True 5.1 Surround Sound Experience
My Led Tv Has Only 3.5mm Audio Out Which I Believe Will Only Give Me Stereo Output
Please Help Me Figuring Out This Problem..

P.S - I Will Also Be Buying A HD STB(Videocon,Dish Tv Or Tata Sky) As Soon As My Current Recharge Gets Over

Does your 5.1 speaker system has a optical (TOSLINK) input cable ? If yes then you can connect that directly to your set top box.

macro_3.jpg

No.Here Is The Image

I Have A 40" Sony R482B Led Tv And Planning To Buy Edifier DA5100 5.1 Or F&D F6000U..
But I Am Not Able To Understand How Will I Connect Them To Get True 5.1 Surround Sound Experience
My Led Tv Has Only 3.5mm Audio Out Which I Believe Will Only Give Me Stereo Output

P.S - I Will Also Be Buying A HD STB(Videocon,Dish Tv Or Tata Sky) As Soon As My Current Recharge Gets Over
If you buy a HD STB, it will have options to take 5.1ch audio (Co-axial/Optical). You can take this output and connect to your HT to receive 5.1 audio and route the video from STB to TV using a separate cable.

If it's only for watching DTH then your HD STB should take care of it. Most HD boxes come with Optical out which give 5.1 surround sound.

Otherwise buy a receiver and route it through that...

If you buy a HD STB, it will have options to take 5.1ch audio (Co-axial/Optical). You can take this output and connect to your HT to receive 5.1 audio and route the video from STB to TV using a separate cable.
But I Will Be Buying Edifier Da 5100 Or F&D F6000U..
How Will I Connect Those ?

But I Will Be Buying Edifier Da 5100 Or F&D F6000U..
How Will I Connect Those ?

Your edifier or F&D speakers will have an Optical connection. Connect it to your HD DTH box using an optical cable.

Connect your DTH box to TV through HDMI. You'll get 5.1 surround sound.

Your edifier or F&D speakers will have an Optical connection. Connect it to your HD DTH box using an optical cable.

Connect your DTH box to TV through HDMI. You'll get 5.1 surround sound.
No Bro,
Edifier DA 5000 Doesn't Have Optical Input
P1020289.jpg

See The Image..

Can you post all the output ports on your tv???
Looks like the only option you have is to use the headphone out port on your TV and connect it to your speakers using a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
But I have tried that and the sound is not fun...
Check once again on your TV you it might have the toslink output.... a small square black plug...[DOUBLEPOST=1414486368][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sony.co.in/product/klv-40r482b
Looks like the Analog audio out and H/P port are the same in your TV. There might be a settings menu to select what exactly you are connecting it to like a H/P or amp.
Best option looks to be a 3.5mm to RCA cable... give it a shot first.....

Looks like the only option you have is to use the headphone out port on your TV and connect it to your speakers using a 3.5mm to RCA cable.
Check once again on your TV you it might have the toslink output.... a small square black plug...[DOUBLEPOST=1414486368][/DOUBLEPOST]http://www.sony.co.in/product/klv-40r482b
Looks like the Analog audio out and H/P port are the same in your TV. There might be a settings menu to select what exactly you are connecting it to like a H/P or amp.

here are the list of ports my t.v has
pls suggest me the best 5.1 system i can connect to my t.v or hd stb get true surround sound experience when i play movies from usb...

Attachments

• new.JPG
    new.JPG
    39.9 KB · Views: 1,398

BTW What Is H/P
Yes There are Setting To Select Audio Output In The T.v

Read my above post. You dont need anything more.
Post a pic of the ports on your TV. I already got that list from the link I posted above .....

can't post a pic because the tv is wall mounted and i am not going to unmount it..
i think i will need a dvd player with usb and multi-channel analog output to connect the t.v and edifier da 5000[DOUBLEPOST=1414488820][/DOUBLEPOST]
Read my above post. You dont need anything more.
Post a pic of the ports on your TV. I already got that list from the link I posted above .....
sony-bravia-klv-40r482b-400x400-imadzkbbfszswrcx.jpeg
sony-bravia-klv-32r482b-400x400-imaeyhzffx7ubzp2.jpeg

here it is..[DOUBLEPOST=1414490531][/DOUBLEPOST]Here's What I Am Thinking..
please correct it if anything is wrong

the stb will be connected via hdmi
the dvd player's video will be directed towards tv via yellow rca
and the audio out put will be directed towards edifier da 5000
the drawback will be i will not be able to watch tv with the edifer and only movies which i'll be playing through usb on the dvd player
491134803-447-1.jpg

Last edited:
your TV doesnt support 5.1 audio out. even if you supply 5.1 audio through hdmi to the TV as input, it will be downmixed to stereo out. that means you either have to use 5.1 of hd stb for tv and 5.1 of pc/bluray player for watching movies. you wont be able to play 5.1 from the movies that you will play using usb drive.

I don't understand why you are stuck on buying Edifier & F&D. I am not sure what is your budget but I remember that Philips has a bluray HTS with Optical In. It was costing about 13k about 2 yrs back. You can connect HD STB with the HTS and get proper DD/DTS.

I don't understand why you are stuck on buying Edifier & F&D. I am not sure what is your budget but I remember that Philips has a bluray HTS with Optical In. It was costing about 13k about 2 yrs back. You can connect HD STB with the HTS and get proper DD/DTS.

I Am Not Stuck On Edifier I Just Want To Buy The Best Sounding System At 12k..

Back