Video how to connect TATA sky HD to AOC E2243 Monitor

If possible, post a picture of the back side of the TV tuner as well as that of the monitor and the STB.

Generally its like this :

Tata sky RF out/AV out --> TV tuner.

TV tuner vga out to monitor.

if there is a computer, then vga out of computer to vga in of tv tuner.

vivek.krishnan

here r the pics

tv tuner

[attachment=13484:27042012008.jpg]

stb

[attachment=13485:27042012009.jpg]

[attachment=13486:27042012010.jpg]

monitor

[attachment=13487:27042012012.jpg]

Attachments

• 27042012008.jpg
    27042012008.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 404
  • 27042012009.jpg
    27042012009.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 270
  • 27042012010.jpg
    27042012010.jpg
    102.1 KB · Views: 284
  • 27042012012.jpg
    27042012012.jpg
    134.6 KB · Views: 288
I guess you need to buy a component to coax converter. I have seen once in my childhood. Can't find one on the net.

But you can try this without the tv tuner.

But you can try this without the tv tuner.

That wont work, its only for use with come video cards that explicitly support component over VGA

#[member='gunjan.singh548']

Your monitor has a DVI port right?

Try a HDMI-DVI converter

May or may not work (will audio out work if HDMI is connected?), but its the simplest thing you can try.

What are those wires on the left side of the TV Tuner? Are they connected to the TV Tuner?

If the above wires are for video input, then good, you can connect the video output from the tata sky stb to those connections.

Connect the VGA cable from the computer to the tv tuner. This cable will have a VGA DB15 connecter on one end and a 9 DIN connection on the other. It will go into the black VGA connection on your tv tuner.

Next, connect the VGA VGA cable that you got with your monitor to the VGA port on the tv tuner and the other end on the monitor.

BTW, tagging is done as follows #[member='gunjan.singh548']

Let me know about those wires. Else, you may need to get a AV to RF converter.

What are those wires on the left side of the TV Tuner? Are they connected to the TV Tuner?

If the above wires are for video input, then good, you can connect the video output from the tata sky stb to those connections.

Connect the VGA cable from the computer to the tv tuner. This cable will have a VGA DB15 connecter on one end and a 9 DIN connection on the other. It will go into the black VGA connection on your tv tuner.

Next, connect the VGA VGA cable that you got with your monitor to the VGA port on the tv tuner and the other end on the monitor.

BTW, tagging is done as follows #[member='gunjan.singh548']

Let me know about those wires. Else, you may need to get a AV to RF converter.

#vivek.krishnan

i did not get this part

"Connect the VGA cable from the computer to the tv tuner. This cable will have a VGA DB15 connecter on one end and a 9 DIN connection on the other. It will go into the black VGA connection on your tv tuner."

i understood about other part that goes from vga of my monitor to vga of tv tuner

please simplify the first part

and yes those wires r connected from STB

#vivek.krishnan

i did not get this part

"Connect the VGA cable from the computer to the tv tuner. This cable will have a VGA DB15 connecter on one end and a 9 DIN connection on the other. It will go into the black VGA connection on your tv tuner."

i understood about other part that goes from vga of my monitor to vga of tv tuner

please simplify the first part

and yes those wires r connected from STB

You will have a cable with your TV Tuner which looks like this : http://i01.i.aliimg.com/photo/v0/230635733/VGA_to_DIN_cable.jpg

Connect the VGA part to your computer. And the other to the black coloured round connector on the tv tuner.

can you switch between vga and dvi inputs in your monitor?

If yes, try this: just connect the vga from tuner to monitor and connect dvi port to graphis card in pc. hope you have a graphics card with dvi out.

then no need to turn computer on while watching tv.

so i have to keep my computer on

so how can i watch HD tv ,because my computer will boot into windows

#[member='vivek.krishnan']

Just to simplify:

Component cables to tv tuner

normal VGA cable from TV tuner to monitor

VGA cable with the round plug at one end and VGA on the other from PC to TV tuner

No need to switch on PC to watch TV

-----------------------------------------

Simpler would be to use a HDMI-DVI adaptor to connect STB directly to monitor, and let PC be connected as it is.

Back