Video how to connect TATA sky HD to AOC E2243 Monitor

now i m confused

then what the second part

"Next, connect the VGA VGA cable that you got with your monitor to the VGA port on the tv tuner and the other end on the monitor."

i have one DVI and one VGA port on my monitor

#guneshwor

Just to simplify:

Component cables to tv tuner

normal VGA cable from TV tuner to monitor

VGA cable with the round plug at one end and VGA on the other from PC to TV tuner

No need to switch on PC to watch TV

-----------------------------------------

Simpler would be to use a HDMI-DVI adaptor to connect STB directly to monitor, and let PC be connected as it is.

but if i connect using HDMI-DVI adaptor to connect STB directly to monitor, then what about sound my monitor doesnt have speakers

now i m confused

then what the second part

"Next, connect the VGA VGA cable that you got with your monitor to the VGA port on the tv tuner and the other end on the monitor."

i have one DVI and one VGA port on my monitor

Yeah, thats what I also said

normal VGA cable from TV tuner to monitor

but if i connect using HDMI-DVI adaptor to connect STB directly to monitor, then what about sound my monitor doesnt have speakers

Thats the part I'm not sure about as I said earlier. Someone who has tried this will have to tell.

In theory the audio out should still work, but the STB may disable it when HDMI is connected

Does your PC have a DVI or HDMI out?

Assuming you are using onboard graphics, follow these instructions

• Tata Sky to TV Tuner using those 3 cables that are already connected
  • TV Tuner to Monitor using a normal VGA cable
  • Computer to TV Tuner using the VGA on one end and circular port on the other end cable

If you can borrow a HDMI-DVI converter and DVI cable, try a direct connection from STB to monitor

so i have to keep my computer on

so how can i watch HD tv ,because my computer will boot into windows

#[member='vivek.krishnan']

Not needed. When you need to see tata sky switch on STB + tv tuner + monitor. When you need to use the machine, computer + tv tuner + monitor.

There will be option in tv tuner to switch inputs.

Else, do what #[member='6pack'] said, get a DVI cable to connect directly to the monitor from the computer. But then, you wont get PIP facility.

Back