How to deal on OLX

Grief3r

Recruit
Hi I wanna buy CPU Ram from a guy in Chennai on OLX he’s okay with shipping it to Mumbai
But I don’t know how to proceed with regards to money I think paying half first and half after receiving But there’s a possibility to get scammed this way
Is someone here dealt with a similar situation on OLX ?

Hi I wanna buy CPU Ram from a guy in Chennai on OLX he’s okay with shipping it to Mumbai
But I don’t know how to proceed with regards to money I think paying half first and half after receiving But there’s a possibility to get scammed this way
never pay full upfront, advance payment is okay. but be ready to loose this amt.

if possible get his id and share yours.. it'll be handy to launch complaints if something goes wrong.

also be aware of payment links scams on olx..

Its better if you have any friends or relative residing in or travelling to chennai, in that way they can have a hand to hand deal with the seller. Also you can ask help from forum members from chennai and pay them a small service charge.

never pay full upfront, advance payment is okay. but be ready to loose this amt.

if possible get his id and share yours.. it'll be handy to launch complaints if something goes wrong.

also be aware of payment links scams on olx..
They are prepared to give some else's ID to get the advance. so avoid advance payments. go with quickr service. Ask the guy to post the ad in quickr, do the deal via quickr. They provide pickup and drop services. Only if you pay, the pickup will be scheduled, but the payment will be held by quickr till the time you confirm that the goods are delivered to you. they charge 400 for this including courier, the last time I used. I sold my PS4 Pro for 33k 2 years back using this.
https://www.quikr.com/Escrow/Doorstep - link for quickr escrow doorstep service. if you are comfortable with this, you can use this. you both can agree to split the quickr service charge by reducing it in the price.

They are prepared to give some else's ID to get the advance. so avoid advance payments. go with quickr service. Ask the guy to post the ad in quickr, do the deal via quickr. They provide pickup and drop services. Only if you pay, the pickup will be scheduled, but the payment will be held by quickr till the time you confirm that the goods are delivered to you. they charge 400 for this including courier, the last time I used. I sold my PS4 Pro for 33k 2 years back using this.
https://www.quikr.com/Escrow/Doorstep - link for quickr escrow doorstep service. if you are comfortable with this, you can use this. you both can agree to split the quickr service charge by reducing it in the price.
I wont trust even quikr also had some bad experience in past with them.They dont give time for checking the electronic items When delivery boy comes he just says check if item is good or not We cant check items like ps4 in 5 mins. He said if you're ok with it keep it else later nothing can be done.
Learned the hard way. TE is much better than anything after erodov is gone.

i got duped once, i would advise not to pay any amount upfront.

I sold a ergonomic mouse to someone in other city on olx. But I only shipped after I got full amount.

Never ever pay 1rs to other person before you hold the item in your hand.
this method halts the transaction. think about this, you can divide and pay money in steps but item cannot be devided in steps so advance payment build trust.

Back