How to distinguish between a real and fake CE mark

6pack

ex-Mod
Not exactly news, but thought it would be beneficial to post here.

Source:

https://support.ce-check.eu/hc/en-u...-Real-CE-Mark-From-A-Fake-Chinese-Export-Mark

Real-CE-mark-vs-Fake-CE-mark.jpg

Many brands place a CE mark on their products, claiming that the products are safe for the end-customer, and sell them within the EU zone. But that's not always the case! Do you know that sometimes the CE mark you can see on a product can be fake? Probably, your answer is “NO”, and that’s absolutely normal. Because of that reason, I've created this post based on how to distinguish the real CE mark from the fake CE "Chinese export" mark.
Post automatically merged:

Easy to find the Chinese Export vs Real CE symbols on Amazon if you look closely.

Screenshot_01.png Screenshot_02.png

Last edited:
So Chinese regulatory bodies knowingly created this logo as a counterfeit of the EU mark?
LOL.....
But those buggers move too fast while we are busy mocking them.

Not only that, they have been faking the real CE mark for years. I was watching a series on YT called Fake Britain. You get to see all the faked products along with the real ones in that show. Lot of those fake products some to India and are being sold by people here.

example -
bowls.jpg

Apparently, these bowls are made from some plastic known to cause cancer etc.
They even go to lengths to fake stuff in the certification given to some items like ladders. Such ladders are available here for sale.

The adaptor one is real. There is a big gap between C and E if you look closer. In the fake one, the gap is very small.
Hmm yes that big gap is the confirmation, its quite subtle though.
Post automatically merged:

They even go to lengths to fake stuff in the certification given to some items like ladders. Such ladders are available here for sale.
I was looking for one a while back. Trying to find the bearing weight was hard but most seemed to average around 90kg

Work ladders can go up to 150kg which seemed like the better buy

The brand is known in the UK. You'd think it was the real article.

Last edited:
Back