How to distinguish between SII and SII I9100G

mo0nl0rd

Disciple
Hi,

I have been trying to buy the galaxy s2 for a while now, but all the stores online & retail I've checked out are 9100G variant of the S2. However, a particular seller who doesn't have a physical model for display [ only the dummy or boxed product], the dealer claims for the phone to be a I9100 and not the G variant. Atm I find no way to tell if the phone inside the box is a 9100G or not. Does anyone know a way distinguish the two variants? Alternately, any online retailer who sells the I9100 non-G variant?

Furthermore, letsbuy sells the 9100G model but the specs mentioned point out that the phone is using the MALI gpu. Have they changed the specs for 9100G as well or are they simply mistaken? Any help is appreciated!

The boxes surely must be having the model number written on it right?

If it has G then don't buy it. If the box says i9100 then open it and check. Also tell the dealer beforehand that after opening if you find it to be G, you won't buy it.

After turning on the phone you can easily check whether it is G or not.

First of all, ty Rico, Viralbug. Secondly, it took a while but unlike the pictures posted in the article the model for the S2 is only in small letters on the side of the box. I consider that a douchebag ploy on the part of Samsung. Anyway, I did manage to find a S2 9100 but the price mentioned is 31k . Are there better deals out there [ no 9100G please ] or should I go for the buy? I plan to buy the phone tonight or tomorrow evening at the latest.

the original S2 (GT-I9100) has a model no of GTI9100LKAINU or something like that and for the GT-I9100G it is something like GTI9100GLKAINU AFAIK. This number you will find right at the top of the sticker that has the price, date of manufacture, import etc. So if you inspect the box carefully you will spot the G from the non-G one. Also the non-G phones being sold in india usually have china as the place of manufacture, whereas the G ones have vietnam as the place of manufacture.

Hope this helps you somewhat

After physically inspecting the boxes and the actual info in Settings->About Phone, I've come to realize that the # on the packaging box is VERY MISLEADING. I've seen sealed I9100 boxes which contain I9100G phones. So its useless to check the model number alone.

the original S2 (GT-I9100) has a model no of GTI9100LKAINU or something like that and for the GT-I9100G it is something like GTI9100GLKAINU AFAIK. This number you will find right at the top of the sticker that has the price, date of manufacture, import etc. So if you inspect the box carefully you will spot the G from the non-G one. Also the non-G phones being sold in india usually have china as the place of manufacture, whereas the G ones have vietnam as the place of manufacture.

The complete model number as posted above could possibly be accurate, but I cannot confirm that as yet. Anyway, the only issue I am left with now is finding an actual new GT-I9100 [ Exynos based ] phone. If someone can confirm a seller in the NCR region I'll be very much obliged.

Go to this link

www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=4327&idPhone2=3621

Sent from my SGH-I777

Difference between i9100G and i9100

i9100G

Chipset TI OMAP 4430

CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9

GPU PowerVR SGX540

i9100

Chipset Exynos

CPU Dual-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9

GPU Mali-400MP

Correct me if I m wrong

Sent from my SGH-I777

While what you mention is correct, its rather quite irrelevant to the topic.

GT-I9100LKAINU - Made in Vietnam (Pls suggest)

I have visited Mobile Store in Delhi and gone thru the box of S-II. It read model# GT-I9100LKAINU but its MADE IN VIETNAM. Is it G model? Pls reply as I wish to buy S_II.
Pls revert me on my mail ID also (sarveshshekhar@yahoo.co.in)

I have been trying to buy the galaxy s2 for a while now
Pls reply as I wish to buy S_II
Go to this eBay Link.. It is i9100..
Apply the code SAMSEBAY01
You will get the phone for 25,800 Rs.. Act fast.. Only 6 Available..

For I9100- GT-I9100LKAINU/GT-I9100LKASLK/GT-I9100LKANPL/GT-I9100RWAINU/GT-I9100LKATML
For I9100G- GT-I9100RWGINU/GT-I9100LKGTML/GT-I9100LKGSLK/GT-I9100LKGINU

See the third letter after GT-I9100.. If it is A, it is i9100.. If it is G, it is i9100G..

Check this..
Samsung Galaxy S II Review by Tejas Lakade | Flipkart.com.. Call the dealer once to confirm..

i just bought one 20 days ago....
just see the manufacturing date (mine was may) and see the code i.e. 19100klainu ....if its i9100xxgxx (g anywhere) don't get it
and i also got 4.0.3 out of box
hope this helps

Go to this eBay Link.. It is i9100..
Apply the code SAMSEBAY01
You will get the phone for 25,800 Rs.. Act fast.. Only 6 Available..

For I9100- GT-I9100LKAINU/GT-I9100LKASLK/GT-I9100LKANPL/GT-I9100RWAINU/GT-I9100LKATML
For I9100G- GT-I9100RWGINU/GT-I9100LKGTML/GT-I9100LKGSLK/GT-I9100LKGINU

See the third letter after GT-I9100.. If it is A, it is i9100.. If it is G, it is i9100G..

Check this..
Samsung Galaxy S II Review by Tejas Lakade | Flipkart.com.. Call the dealer once to confirm..

Actually I'm buying it from The Mobile Store Outlet (Delhi). Should I buy one if model# GT-I9100LKAINU is written (Made In Vietnam). I ve read review of this phone and truly want to buy it bur not G model. pls suggest. Also tell me what are other phones available with similar capacity (Memory Card Slot is must / All type of video should play, MKV,AVI, Flash, etc. One S is expensive (more than 5-6 thousand than S-II and it dont have memory card, Xperia S is good but battery life is worse (what I will do with a good phone without battery) dont want to go for LG / Blackberry / Apple (Tooo expensive). How is Motorola RAZR MAXX?

if you wll answer these It'll help me a lot.

Actually I'm buying it from The Mobile Store Outlet (Delhi). Should I buy one if model# GT-I9100LKAINU is written (Made In Vietnam). I ve read review of this phone and truly want to buy it bur not G model. pls suggest. Also tell me what are other phones available with similar capacity (Memory Card Slot is must / All type of video should play, MKV,AVI, Flash, etc. One S is expensive (more than 5-6 thousand than S-II and it dont have memory card, Xperia S is good but battery life is worse (what I will do with a good phone without battery) dont want to go for LG / Blackberry / Apple (Tooo expensive). How is Motorola RAZR MAXX?

if you wll answer these It'll help me a lot.

you can buy the vietnam one, mine is also manufactured in veitnam....
if battery is your concern MAXX is the one you should go for......
BTW my experience with S2 is awesome but battery lasts only 1 day :( [on stock]

Got Galaxy S-II (Non G Version)

you can buy the vietnam one, mine is also manufactured in veitnam....
if battery is your concern MAXX is the one you should go for......
BTW my experience with S2 is awesome but battery lasts only 1 day :( [on stock]

Thanks Dear

Got my S-II 2 days back (Made in Vietnam- Non G Version). One retailer @ Delhi agreed to open the box and let me check if its G or Non-G.......... guess what I got my Non G Version. Thanks a lot dear.

Back