Windows How to Download Large Files from Mega

MadAxe

Adept
Downloading files from Mega after a long time.
Mega Downloader now seems to have a 5GB daily limit.
The workaround of creating a streaming link and downloading via a Download Manager doesn't seem to work either.
Is there any alternative software or workaround to download large files from Mega?

Whenever I have to use Mega for something, I just use it through a VPN since the western country limits are significantly higher. Haven't faced an issue with most downloads.

@MadAxe

Try MegaBasterd. Remember to explore the internal configurations (e.g. create a throwaway MEGA account and add the SDK key) before downloading. And yes, using its streaming feature, you can use an external download manager like IDM to perform the actual download job.

@nRiTeCh One cannot download files from Mega directly via IDM.
It has been more than a yr or 2 havent used Mega but if not IDM I was using the normal saving browser saving feature.
To try whats new I tried downloading just now some old huge size file and this error poped up. I selected Yes and it began downloading with zero issues except that its downloading internally with no tracking. This wasn't the case earlier.

1624988092266.png

It has been more than a yr or 2 havent used Mega but if not IDM I was using the normal saving browser saving feature.
To try whats new I tried downloading just now some old huge size file and this error poped up. I selected Yes and it began downloading with zero issues except that its downloading internally with no tracking. This wasn't the case earlier.

View attachment 108155
Even with mega sync the data transfer quota is still 3GB only. After 3GB worth of data is downloaded, it will stop and ask you to wait for 6 hours.

Both MegaBasterd and JDownloader2 have the 3 GB restrictions.
I am able to bypass it on MegaBasterd via proxies but it is a hit and miss. Files get stuck at 0 Kbps after some time.
While I'm not able to bypass the restriction on JDownloader2.
@Titokhan Are you talking about the API key?
What settings do I need to tweak to resolve the above mentioned issue?

Both MegaBasterd and JDownloader2 have the 3 GB restrictions.
I am able to bypass it on MegaBasterd via proxies but it is a hit and miss. Files get stuck at 0 Kbps after some time.
While I'm not able to bypass the restriction on JDownloader2.
@Titokhan Are you talking about the API key?
What settings do I need to tweak to resolve the above mentioned issue?
Curios what exactly are you even trying to download as you seem to be too much concerned above 3gb?

@MadAxe

Yes, registering MegaBasterd as your own app using the official MEGA SDK and optionally feeding it a rotating list of proxies will greatly enhance the download scenario. With that said, the particular file you want to download may bring additional hurdles, e.g. speed throttling due to excessive sharing.

Their megasync app is a good downloader. It automatically starts downloading to the destination folder once you set it up and click the download button.

Back