How to file an RTI?

Hi,

One of my neighbours is constructing a house with almost no setbacks. He is not willing to show the construction plan approval. Can file an RTI with the municipality to get a copy of the approved plan? How can I go about filing an RTI? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Srikanth

If the neighbor is forcefully trying to grab your land better first file an FIR.
Cops will surely guide you further the process.

No. Not the land but they need to leave enough space between the compound wall and the wall of their house. This is known as setback.

Hi,

One of my neighbours is constructing a house with almost no setbacks. He is not willing to show the construction plan approval. Can file an RTI with the municipality to get a copy of the approved plan? How can I go about filing an RTI? Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
Srikanth
The right way would be to lodge a written complaint with local municipal office i believe... And side by side going to the police and lodge an fir..
Police will come and will ask for the approval plan...
You need to get copies of both complainants signed and stamped from authorities.

Which city and state btw?

The right way would be to lodge a written complaint with local municipal office i believe... And side by side going to the police and lodge an fir..
Police will come and will ask for the approval plan...
You need to get copies of both complainants signed and stamped from authorities.

Which city and state btw?
Hyderabad.

Call ghmc helpline and also download their app and lodge a complaint via it.
The App is not working for lodging Grievances. It is not sending any OTP. Calling them will not give me a complaint number. I have to go and submit in writing and get it stamped. Then go about it via RTI to get the status and put pressure on the GHMC officials. They already came once when one of my other neighbours complained and did next to nothing ask the parties to settle.

Then go to pgportal.gov.in
Select appropriate options Ms lodge a complaint, thus will surely work, domt forget to select appropriate state and ministry
Sude by side lodge complaints with ghmc and police

Hyderabad.
man what a shitty coincidence. Im from secbad side and Even one builder is constructing a house adjacent our apartments in vacant plot and ****er damaged our wall when he was digging holes beside our wall without leaving set backs.

we stopped the jcb, waited for builder to come and argued with him. this was day before holi and municipal office was closed. we went to police station, they asked us to settle the matter. the builder agreed to construct new wall with proper setbacks and the matter was closed

you need to act asap. get two three neighbours, tell the builder that its illegal to build without leaving set backs. then go directly to municipal office, lodge a complaint and then directly go to police station. they'll send a constable to stop the construction and in typical police fashion, ask you guys to settle the matter. don't delay or else it'll be next to impossible to get illegal structure razed.

also if you have any contacts with local politician, now is the time for them to help you out regarding the police station

man what a shitty coincidence. Im from secbad side and Even one builder is constructing a house adjacent our apartments in vacant plot and ****er damaged our wall when he was digging holes beside our wall without leaving set backs.

we stopped the jcb, waited for builder to come and argued with him. this was day before holi and municipal office was closed. we went to police station, they asked us to settle the matter. the builder agreed to construct new wall with proper setbacks and the matter was closed

you need to act asap. get two three neighbours, tell the builder that its illegal to build without leaving set backs. then go directly to municipal office, lodge a complaint and then directly go to police station. they'll send a constable to stop the construction and in typical police fashion, ask you guys to settle the matter. don't delay or else it'll be next to impossible to get illegal structure razed.

also if you have any contacts with local politician, now is the time for them to help you out regarding the police station
On the contrary this guy has contacts with a former councilor. The best option is to get a stay order from Court or at least threaten with one.

Back