Linux How to install Linux( RHEL or Fedora) on Abit ip35-e based configuration

abintm

Recruit
Hi,
I am wondering how we can install RHEL or Fedora on my new system based on
Q9300 + Abit ip35-e + 4gb Corsair RAM + 150GB WD Raptor. I tried installing it but linux installation program is not detecting my HDD:( . And there is no option for selecting the legacy mode in BIOS. Has someone faced this kind of issues in the past? Please suggest me some insight on this regard

Thanks In advance
Abin

Hi Darkstar,
Thanks for the quick response. I need RHEL or Fedora for preparing rhce exams. btw I was trying to install either RHEL5 or Fedora8. So any of you guys have any idea please guide me.

Thanks
Abin

try irqpoll option from boot loader . I have biostar tp35 and need this option mostly else it gets stuck at detecting disks (Ubuntu) . Also read many such issues for abit ip35-e on ubuntu forums . Using irqpoll helps most of time .

RHEL 5 OS for learning RHEL :D Live demonstration is gr8 for learning purpose. Well as far as F8 it had issue with Intel new chipset so try the latest Fedora 9.. As far as your Linux OS.. A member here Sidhu punjab has nearly the same setup you has and has no problem with Mandriva Spring :)

Guys this is a quote from fatwallet.com

If you do buy this board, and try installing Linux on it with a SATA drive, you may have a hard time. The issue is that SATA numbers 1 thru 4 are "double booked" on the IRQ (yes, I know the IP35-E does not have connectors for SATA numbers 3 and 4). The way to get Linux to install is to plug your hard drive in SATA connector 6 or 5. It worked for me (using the latest Ubuntu). I remember seeing this posted on some other site when I was looking for answers to what seemed to be a Linux/IP35-e SATA problem.) Hope this helps someone else!
I tried this option for RHEL and CentOS but no gains:(

@spynic
thanks mate let me download it and give it a try.

@Darky
Will do it man.... have to get the mandriva OS downloaded..

Regards
Abin

Back