How to keep MS outlook( on two different computer) in sync.

Hi all,
My query is, how can i keep outlook in sync on two different computers. I mean if i receive an email, it should be on both of the computers, if i send an email from either of the computer, it should be seen on both of the computers. Also other folders like drafts etc. The computers are on LAN.

Thanks.

Hi all,
My query is, how can i keep outlook in sync on two different computers. I mean if i receive an email, it should be on both of the computers, if i send an email from either of the computer, it should be seen on both of the computers. Also other folders like drafts etc. The computers are on LAN.

Thanks.
How have you configured it in first place? In-house mail server?

Email
Which email service provider you are using ?
This is a email service for ships, the email server runs on local computer only. Once the mail comes on local server no copy is kept on remote server. But any client can be configured using POP/IMAP and SMTP.
How have you configured it in first place? In-house mail server?
I dont want to configure another client.
If somehow outlook only can be kept in sync, tht will be enough.
You configured using POP3 or IMAP
I have it configured in desktop and laptop. Works without any problem but it is configured with company in-house mail server.
You have configured using POP3 or IMAP? Pop 3 only syncs inbox. imap syncs all including custom forlder.

I dont want to disturb the main mailing server and client. Because here that is the only mode of communication. If i mess up anything then too much trouble.

If not wrong, you can sync incoming mails on both computers (just check the option to leave a copy of email on server).
But not sure, how can you sync send mails on both computers

This
If not wrong, you can sync incoming mails on both computers (just check the option to leave a copy of email on server).
But not sure, how can you sync send mails on both computers
Yes this is possible, but i am in search of a way to sync outlook. I dont want to sync directly from mailing server. I want to sync outlook only. Still search continues.

You can configure any no of email clients for the same server.
So if you are sending email from computer 1 to world, it creates a copy of send email on computer 1 in Sent Items Folder.

How is the copy of send email from computer 1, copied automatically to Sent Items Folder on computer 2?
That part unable to understand.

> How is the copy of send email from computer 1, copied automatically to Sent Items Folder on computer 2?
> That part unable to understand.

Probably, can use an IMAP folder to store copies of Sent items ?

Yes, already available solution is Using IMAP, but i dont want to disturb the client and server which are already configured. Because this is a ocean going vessel email system we are talking about. And at sea, our main mode of communication is emails and very important too. So i am looking for a way to simply sync two outlook clients with eachother. So that main server and client are undisturbed and i dont mess up anything. Because getting tech support from service provider will also be difficult in such case.

One thing i have figured is if i copy .pst file from obe outlook to another then i can see all messages which are in that pst file.

Still search is going on. Lets see.

Back