How to make an old fridge look new from the outside?

If you haven't wrapped it yet. We got our refrigerator painted recently and it looks brand new. Even i was thinking about wrapping it but had an idea about painting later on. If you want some custom design then wrapping is the way. Else give a thought about getting it painted.

We got it done from a car workshop. They said they regularly get refrigerators for this type of work & know how to disassemble it. And even offered us home service for additional charges. But, that wasn't necessary and they charged us about 1200 including shipping which i think is reasonable.

Post before and after photos
Unfortunately i don't have an old photo, but here's a quick after one, ignore the handle covers.

IMG_20240117_105343.jpg

So that's pretty good and the first thought I had until the idea of wraps was mooted.
Yea both options are pretty good. If OP wants an OEM look they can go with the paint and for something more personalized, wrapping is a great option as well. It's just a personal preference.

While wrapping can be DIY, I don't recommend painting it yourself unless you know what ur doing. It's better to go with the professionals.

Also, i forgot to mention that the workshop that did the paint job told us that they've chosen the Hyundai silver for us, specifically the i20 silver. So you can ask for a particular color too (for eg. I was also interested in Kia matte black they offer in their GT line cars). But, it didnt match the look so dropped the idea.

If you haven't wrapped it yet. We got our refrigerator painted recently and it looks brand new. Even i was thinking about wrapping it but had an idea about painting later on. If you want some custom design then wrapping is the way. Else give a thought about getting it painted.

We got it done from a car workshop. They said they regularly get refrigerators for this type of work & know how to disassemble it. And even offered us home service for additional charges. But, that wasn't necessary and they charged us about 1200 including shipping which i think is reasonable.
That seems like a good option. If by chance you happen to be in Gurgaon do post the name of the workshop.

That seems like a good option. If by chance you happen to be in Gurgaon do post the name of the workshop.
Its spray painting , Any workshop will do it . Find the nearest , the more you move these old people they more chances of fail
Keep them stationary and they will keep chugging

Its spray painting , Any workshop will do it . Find the nearest , the more you move these old people they more chances of fail
Keep them stationary and they will keep chugging
Correct, any good workshop will do the job. I'm not aware about workshops in gurgaon though, not from there.

One more thing that you can do that i realised later on is that just ship the doors instead of the entire fridge. Either call an electrician or remove them yourself if u can. For normal refrigerator, there aren't any wires/cable to work with, just some nuts & bolts. This way ur compressor and other important components are safe and you can even save on unnecessary shipping as they can fit in a car. Here's a Tutorial

Back