how to make my own nameserver

POLYGON

Disciple
Hi there.
Well this problem is specifically for Admins of TechEnclave (or any other site hosted from local servers) as they might help me better.
Here it goes, I registered a new domain and wanted to make my
nameservers something like ns1.mydomain.com & ns2.mydomain.com (just as techenclave is having)

Plz reply

WHere are you going to host your site. If your registrar and host are same put those nameservers which your registrar gave you, if your host server is different put its nameserver in your domain settings.

Btw what exactly do you mean by local server, do you want to host the site on yur comp.

Hacker said:
WHere are you going to host your site. If your registrar and host are same put those nameservers which your registrar gave you, if your host server is different put its nameserver in your domain settings.

Btw what exactly do you mean by local server, do you want to host the site on yur comp.

yeah by local server I meant I am hosting my site on my comp.:bleh:
And thus I have to create NS

Ok I got my doubts cleared, its my registrar that will register the NS for me.

But another problem I am on BSNL ISDN connection now (as I got BSNL's ADSL dissconnected as it was utterlly unstable) which changes my IP each hour ??

Now my registrar wants my IPs to be constant to enable NS??

Can any body help me please ???

you can try signing up with a site like dyndns.com. Create a dynamic dns account, get the settings. Donwload dynsite.
Code:
http://noeld.com/download.htm
Enter the details for your account and dns service provider (dyndns.com), select your internet connection, etc. Then set it up to auto detect whenever you connect to the net and it will automatically update your ip and link it with the name you chose. Dynsite can start up with windows and has a stealthmode for hassle free running. I use it for my friends to connect to me for fragging sessions istead of me having to message them my ip everytime we want to play.

Back