How to make use of integrated graphics?

the_beginner

Disciple
I know most of us buy laptops with dedicated graphics card as they are more powerful compared to the integrated ones. Now my question is, what to do with the integrated graphics card as we all use the dedicated one mostly. I mean, can I use that for contrast/brightness enhancement (Saw those in Intel graphics command center) or any other regular tasks to take a bit load off my dedicated one?

Thanks in advance :)

Unless the programs are designed for using dedicated graphics, most of them by default will use your integrated graphics. In some laptops the hdmi port for external display is connected to integrated graphics.
I don’t think you really need to worry about offloading tasks to integrated gpu.

There isn't really much 'benefit' to using the integrated graphics because what you're trying to achieve is a good thought but unfortunately that's not how things work. The way it is now, by default your integrated gpu will be in use for most tasks ( low power comsumption = more battery life & not heating) . Tasks that can't be run by iGPU will be given to dGPU anyways so yeah.

Back