How to make Utorrent fast?

Hi friends,

I am using Utorrent latest version but the speed shown in the torrent files in downloading is .1 to 14-15 kb.

Is there any method to make it fast.

Secondly, when i set the bandwidth allocation of the torrent files to high from normal, i am not able to open web sites in IE.

Regards

SET bit.transp_disposition under advanced tab to 255 : this for uTP
Under the bandwidth set : under number of connections 5000, 5000, 40
I use these values. They should be high especially if you downloading a large number of torrents simultaneously

If you want surf the net properly while downloading simply put a cap on the downloading speed. A speed of 20kbps is sufficient so set the max downloading speed at ( Your maximum downloading speed - 20kbps). You can find this option in the Bandwidth

I am using NICNET and my speed is:

http://speedtest.net/result/1355749825.png
1355749825.png

Download speed also depends upon the amount of seeders available for that particular torrent. Check if the torrent you're download have enough amount of seeders.

For a server < 50 miles the ping (145ms) is quite high ..

See if DHT is working or not .. the green check-tick on the bottom status bar.

the download speed depends on the number of seeders seeding a particular file and at the speed they are seeding it...

For eg... 15 seeders are seeding a particular file @ 1KBps then you would get max 15KBps only...

See what download speed you get when downloading direct files [ DOwnload some Antivirus Update or something ] It should be ~ 200-220. Same should be the case with torrents , download one with high Seeds , low leechers/

check your SNR in the modem. See if it is high or low. Otherwise get a friends modem n test to see if utorrent speeds improve. get a torrent with many seeds. Try a server file download. Like download somethin from a good server like nvidia or microsoft's and see if you get good speeds. Cause it might not be a utorrent issue

Download speed depends a lot on seeders. Also in some ISP throttles torrent traffic to minimize load on their network and bandwidth...

ping is when your computer tries to contact the network for internet.pings are usually used to check whether the pc can connect to the network and the response of the network.just like ringing a doorbell to see if somebody will open the door.and you would gain a lot more knowledge by "PINGING" google for answers.:).if you want to learn about the internet and computers to shed your noobie status,every time you face a problem get on the internet and you will definitely find help.thats what the internet is for anyways!!!!!!!!111

Back