Android How to Recover Deleted Photos From Android Device?

Hi,

I wanted to know how can I recover the photos that I accidentally deleted yesterday? I have tried one app, but that is asking to root my device.

Is there any way, any app (Paid or Free) which I can use to recover my deleted photos and a few Excell shets?

Thanks.

i lost a few videos in a folder like this. thought i copied them to my pc and deleted the originals on the phone. searched everywhere on pc but didn't find them. so i probably did not copy the folder to my pc and lost some memories =_=

i did try almost every un delete program on the play store and none of them worked. even if you have root most of them don't work. in linux ext4 file system which android uses, once a file is deleted, it stays deleted. nothing will bring it back.

I've never managed to recover files directly on the phone, however if your pictures are saved on the sd card, connect the card to your pc through a card reader and then try with Recuva. Have managed to recover deleted photos / files multiple times using this method.

Well I tried everything listed here and outside, in total 26 tools and all sucked.
But they can very well recover data from deleted hard drives dont know what so spl about memory cards?

I'm a pro at data recovery since decades now. Have 99% accuracy till date at recovering data from the dead, cards and even lost partitions.
Until the day google wiped out the mmc data. There aint any concrete proof on internet if google uses any strong data erasure and data wiping standards. Still I have posted on some forums directly relating to google where they said its not sure if the data can be recovered thereafter but no words about any wiping technology used.
Seems google is holding this secret with some secure erase mechanism to keep data safe from thieves.

What is most annoying is the fact that at least something should had got sensed by few of these tools though forget the recovery but at least display the data or even any junk characters or any trace which was there before.
It shows as if the card was purely brand new factory formatted.

Last edited:
Hi,

I wanted to know how can I recover the photos that I accidentally deleted yesterday? I have tried one app, but that is asking to root my device.

Is there any way, any app (Paid or Free) which I can use to recover my deleted photos and a few Excell shets?

Thanks.

any success with any app? if not, give 'diskdigger' a try. a basic scan requires no root. full scan requires root access. i had tried basic scan (& that itself seemed comprehensive as it took a long time & really revealed a lot many pictures!) & stopped it in its process. didnt try to recover. but the scan-process did throw up a whole lot of previously deleted photos. if it works for you, well & good. after that, download 'recylce master' & activate it. its a recycle bin app. so whatever you delete in the future would land up there, easy to be recovered. though it doesnt seem to work with all devices. it'll notify you if it cant work with yours. if that happens, you may download es file explorer instead (ie ofcourse if you dont have it or use it already) & activate the recycle bin switch in there.

i lost a few videos in a folder like this. thought i copied them to my pc and deleted the originals on the phone. searched everywhere on pc but didn't find them. so i probably did not copy the folder to my pc and lost some memories =_=

i did try almost every un delete program on the play store and none of them worked. even if you have root most of them don't work. in linux ext4 file system which android uses, once a file is deleted, it stays deleted. nothing will bring it back.

just recently i uninstalled whatsapp without taking a backup of its videos folder prior the uninstall (rest were backed up to my google acct). granted that it wasnt active deletion of the multimedia folders of whatsapp from the phone's int storage, but as everything was now gone after the removal of whatsapp, i used an app named 'video recovery beta' & not only did the app recover the whatsapp videos but also many more which were deleted probably long back. i wasnt expecting it to work. worked beyond expectation otoh. used recovery method 1, & on a non-rooted device. you may give it a try if you havent, & see if it works for you.

Last edited:
So, do you recommend Dr.Fone?? Is this the same offered by Wondershare?
Try some "mobile data recovery app for Android via PC" on Google and duckduckgo

As @nRiTeCh suggested, I will support his answer..
Give that a try, before you make any small slitter changes to your mobile.. (not even incoming/outgoing calls) as the same effects data storage..

Not even a single bit/byte movement..
If data is important you can try paid alternatives, who will charge a bit for there research.. (ONLINE/OFFLINE)

https://forum.xda-developers.com/sh...6df744d72e86827f668e8d&p=74493370&postcount=2

That bookmark might help you dig more, covers GOOGLE as well..

DO NOT MAKE ANY CHANGES TO YOUR DEVICE, EXCEPT INSTALLING ANY APP.. ETC.. OFFLINCE/PC APPS ARE FINE.. (SUGGESTION)

Last edited:
Back