How to request Increase in HDFC Credit Card limit?

Which email? Can you please send?
The email i received a response from was this HDFCBANK.CREDITCARD@hdfcbank.net

copy pasting what they told me below

Request you to download the form from
hdfcbk.io/k/DUvfZAvpaZA
..Fill up the same mentioning the above reference number along with any of the following income documents to review the limit enhancement on your existing HDFC Bank Credit Card.
Your latest income documents (self attested)
Salaried - Attested copy of your latest pay slip which is not beyond 45 days old and copy of your visiting card or office id card.
(or)
Self Employed - Attested copy of your latest ITR (Income Tax Return) and copy of your PAN card along with computation of income.
We request you to forward the above forms to the following address and that you respond within 45 days from the date of this letter: HDFC Bank Cards Division, P.O.Box No.8654, Thiruvanmiyur, P.O, Chennai-600041.
Alternatively the same may be dropped in any of the HDFC Bank drop box addressed to "The Manager - HDFC Bank Cards Division"
Please note that Limit Enhancement request will be reviewed in accordance with your eligibility and the Bank s internal credit policy
Assuring you of our best services at all times.
TLDR:- unless you have an pre-approved offer from them or have a really high Salary don't bother with this ,they will reject it

what i recommend is if you have any other card with high limit close your current hdfc card ,go to any local branch and ask them for credit card on basis on your current card ,
this is unfortunately the fastest method with hdfc

Keep using multiple credit cards and soon automatically you will keep receiving notifications regarding limit increase. No need to mail nothing unless you have to jump instantly from 50k to 5lac!
My personal exp. I started with my first CC in the year 2016 with just a 35k credit limit and today it is 7.55lac.

And I only use max 15-18% of the entire limit ever since I started using a CC so there's no condition to keep utilizing the entire or 50-80% limit for availing such benefits. In fact, using your CC to its max limit actually negatively affects ones CIBIL!

Last edited:
Just make some good purchases and you will get limit upgrade offers, i got limit upgrade in 2016 just 4-5 months after getting my hdfc diners cc and just 2-3 months more after that card upgrade.
So it depends, i asked this to my RM and was told that one gets limit upgradation and card upgrade offers depending upon how much one has spend on their card in last six months. Like i got upgrade offer to diners black because i made purchases from my card of around 7-8 lacs in 3-4 months.

Just take something on EMI for 6 months and pay it completely. You will end up paying 1k+ or something extra on the product but once they see you pay the bills properly they will send sms every month after you finish the EMI payments and ten people will call you asking you if you want to increase the card limit. I have ICICI card of 1L limit and got pre approved for 2.5L after just paying off EMI's. Every month i get 2-3 sms on this.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I once got an automated call from SBI about credit limit increase and ask me to press one (from a robot) I don't know if that was legit and I never did anything. I kinda wonder.

Thanks a lot for the info guys. I once got an automated call from SBI about credit limit increase and ask me to press one (from a robot) I don't know if that was legit and I never did anything. I kinda wonder.
They usually do that and the request is authentic. Just make sure not to share any OTP or anything with them. If you receive such calls, there are good chances that the offer would show up on their online portal too.
I would advice against closing CC as with CIBIL, having an old card is counted towards a positive sign of your liquidity.

1. For some users, they occasionally send Limit enhancement found in net banking.
2. They asked me to drop a form as other user mentioned.
3. If you have a relationship manager, you can ask them to increase the limit or upgrade it [ Worked for me ].

Back