Mac OS How to run Mac OS on a windows PC?

renegade

Staff member
Super Mod
I need to know how do I run a Mac OS on my laptop.

I tried running a virtual machine on VMWare but could not get it to work. Any help or guidance is appreciated.

I have a feeling this will quickly get into illegal territory and you will end up disqualifying your app if Apple were even to get a whiff of it.

There are vendors who will provide you services to port your app to the Apple Store. Any app development guy can do it once you have checked for all functionality.

This is normally a paid service but maybe someone in the TE universe can help you out.

I know some people but they only work on fee basis.

Alright, thanks for the info. Everything is ready and I only need someone to publish it. Of course it involves several steps in between.

Not going to buy a Macbook for a base price of 1L. Ridiculous! :finger:

We have a Mac in our office, I will let you know tomorrow. You just want to publish the app right? PM me what exactly you want to do.

You can't run MacOSX on Windows version of VMWare without any hack, as VMWare has inbuilt code to stop the VM once it detects the guest OS is Mac.
You can try running it on Virtual Box, as far as I know VirtualBox does allow you to run Mac VM's on Windows.

hi, wats the configuration of the laptop??
Mac os [mountain lion and lion] can be installed on windows pc with intel processor only.... regarding the laptops, only issue may occur due to the onboard grafix, the keybrd and trackpad detection..... try for the iatkos ML2... its quite easy to install if u follow all the directions, good luck..... and i can assure you... if you r successful in installing the os and thn runing it with everything working then you wont belice youreyes of the grafix quality that he sam laptop will b giving..... and the promptness of the action....

Last edited:
I want to try out MAC OS extensively (as if i am using it for my normal day to work like browsing, office etc) but i do not wish to buy any apple laptop because i have not tried it (Mac OS) before. How can i do this ? Vmware or anything like that ?

try Iatkos mountain lion distro available on net, as iatkos ML2, its the best distro, the guide is there regarding the bios settings required, and it runs very smooth.... after using it if you feel thn buy a mac bcos buying mac os and installing it on a windows pc is also illegal, as per mac[ they says the price paid for the OS is for renting the software, and the ox cant b used on any non apple pc].

there is no fun in running a mac os on a virtual box, and yea u r right, no need to change any bios setting for a virtual box...

try Iatkos mountain lion distro available on net, as iatkos ML2, its the best distro, the guide is there regarding the bios settings required, and it runs very smooth.... after using it if you feel thn buy a mac bcos buying mac os and installing it on a windows pc is also illegal, as per mac[ they says the price paid for the OS is for renting the software, and the ox cant b used on any non apple pc].

No we are not under DMCA.

Read http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Digital_Millennium_Copyright_Act

ooh tats great to hear..... so now we can make hacktintosh, may be with the original OS, as its lot more cheaper than windows....

Ok so i installed virtualbox and got a mac os x ML2 distro and did whatever is written as per the below link but as soon as i do the step# 4 of starting the virtual machine, i get a kernel not found type error. I don't know how to troubleshoot this and what cause this error. Anyone knows ?

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/01/iatkos-ml2-mountain-lion-virtualbox.html

Mine is a sony vaio laptop with Core i5 and 6GB RAM (4GB allotted to this virtual machine) and have windows 7 64bit OS installed as my only OS.
@Grafreak

Ok so i installed virtualbox and got a mac os x ML2 distro and did whatever is written as per the below link but as soon as i do the step# 4 of starting the virtual machine, i get a kernel not found type error. I don't know how to troubleshoot this and what cause this error. Anyone knows ?

http://www.macbreaker.com/2013/01/iatkos-ml2-mountain-lion-virtualbox.html

Mine is a sony vaio laptop with Core i5 and 6GB RAM (4GB allotted to this virtual machine) and have windows 7 64bit OS installed as my only OS.
@Grafreak

PM'ed you.[DOUBLEPOST=1378519261][/DOUBLEPOST]Also note that, you have to create the virtual machine according to specification, Just creating one will give Kernel Error. There are some configurations needs to be done. Hope you did that exactly.

BTW I followed http://lifehacker.com/5938332/how-to-run-mac-os-x-on-any-windows-pc-using-virtualbox and didn't used iAtkos

The issues i am facing are related to virtualbox and not to the distro. Trying to correct each and every issue that i am encountering, will keep updated here.
Kernel error is removed, now getting

VT-x features locked or unavailable in MSR.

Edit: Enabled virtualization in BIOS to remove the above error.

Now OS is getting installed, lets see how it goes.[DOUBLEPOST=1378552562][/DOUBLEPOST]Ok so now everything is up and running in virtualbox. Only problem is that i am unable to set the resolution of the MAC OS to 1080p. Want to do this since my laptop's resolution is 1080p.
Tried everything from manually editing the XML to adding the resolution related line using command prompt and the extra line gets added in the proper xml but i cannot get the resolution to work inside the virtualbox. Only 1024 x 768 is there.
Also the OS lags like hell even when i gave 4GB to it. Seems graphics and hardware acceleration is absent as it says all over the web. So experience might not be good on this virtual machine.

Last edited:
I have a vostro 1400 with a core2duo and the iatkos ML2 just stops up at -
ACPI: System state [S0 S3 S4 S5] (S3)

Just doesnt go ahead. Sigh.[DOUBLEPOST=1379512835][/DOUBLEPOST]Also, if you guys are looking to do a usb install, its almost impossible to make a usb drive that boots properly on windows. My DVD drive is ficle at best so I use the Bootdisk Utility to partition my pendrive and copied the iatkos to one partition. Use the dual layer dvd to load the bootloader, and used f8 and selected the pendrive. It booted from the pendrive :D

I know its a bit moot since you have to burn a dvd but my dvd drive gives in midway and this seemed to work.

Back