How to stop approx 2,00,000 DNS queries / 24 hours to China by my generic Huawei HG8120 FTTH modem

another trickery that could be used is if your hawamei supports bridge mode than it will act as mediaconverter

bridge fiber to any of the ethernet port

Followed by testing it using ethernet port of laptop/ PC

if this is successful , you buy a normal router or check your new tplink could apply PPPOE on the LAN ethernet ports or not if not check for custom firmware's which could allow you that
i can always bypass Huawei with dialling/PPPPoE from my WIFI router
if you have SSH access enabled than that process would use cryptographic services shortly the PID could be known as crypto similarly if your GUi uses http"s" to provide secure communication that too will use cryptographic services
this video might help someone .the chap shares BSNL`s test account for internet :oops:

Seen all the videos . I had a fully functional internet on Tplink before LCO came and removed it . Modem was working fine but crashing the switch . But no issues on my internet with Tplink

Seen all the videos . I had a fully functional internet on Tplink before LCO came and removed it . Modem was working fine but crashing the switch . But no issues on my internet with Tplink
isp`s switch ?

isp`s switch ?
no idea , LCO told me their switch , which had 30 other customers . Except mine all other internet stopped working when i connect Tplink

tried Bridge Mode
Its same number of queries

So final outcome - Till i am using this shit Huawei FTTH modem I cant stop it pinging qq.com , taobao.com and baidu.com every second
I can only block them which i am doing using Adguard DNS service
I have tried in PPPoE and bridge mode both
Ping all the above 3 domains is hard coded in modem

Only thing left is to delete this cron jobs from modem if i can find them as advises by @vivek.krishnan

Last edited:
Back