How to term any person as a "Loser"

madhuraj

Disciple
Hi Friends,

The other day when I was watching Roadies 7, the hosts there Nikhil & Cyrus used the word "Loser" for the contestants.

For example, if you have seen the show, you will remember that Nikhil was asking the girl to tell something about her... the girl said that she can charm any guy... then Nikhil told the girl that those guys were loser...

Also there were many other incidents in all the seasons of Roadies where contestants were termed as "Losers" in life.

Friends, i want to know how to term any person as a "Loser" :( in his profession, in his life, etc.

Is a silly TV show setting a precedent for our youth? That is the correct question to be asked IMO.

If the answer is yes, then that show should be censored at the minimum and totally blocked from being aired at the best. Is that what we want our countrymen to learn? Apart from providing hot gossip what does such a show mean to us in our day to day lives?

Seriously, this country is not heading to the dogs anymore, it is being torn apart by those mongrels already.

Can such a show be stopped? - Not likely.

Can we learn tolerance and patience? - With a lot of effort ( I am not ready to lose hope in humanity just yet)

Now coming to the word "Loser". Why would someone call anyone else a loser? Only if that someone has already reached the pinnacles of success and is looking down from his/her vantage point. How many of those truly successful wo/men have you seen, and how many of them even bother to interact with anyone, let alone call them a loser?

So, is calling someone a loser just a projection of our own inadequacy and incompetence? Maybe.

loser: Definition, Synonyms from Answers.com

1. One that fails to win: the losers of the game.

2. One who takes loss in a specified way: a graceful loser; a poor loser.

1. One that fails consistently, especially a person with bad luck or poor skills: "losers at home seeking wealth and glory in undeveloped countries" (Arthur M. Schlesinger, Jr.).

2. One that is bad in quality: That book is a real loser.

Hmm got the wrong quotes, the message meant Google... :p

well your question being ..how can you call a person a loser ...well just make a symbol L with your fingers and keep it on your forehead .. simple yaar

For me, Cyrus is a loser since he doesnt know how to assemble a computer and i am loser for him since i cant host a show. Simple :p

i think the loser is the girl who answers 'she can charm any guy' when asked to tell something about her.

well, a dumb loser or a rookie sucker.

i think the loser is the girl who answers 'she can charm any guy' when asked to tell something about her.

Whore? my take is we have such "loser" reality shows, with "loser" participants, who generate a lot of "loser" viewers. Who later come and post their rant in a "loser" thread, and some random "loser" just points out the obvious ironical sequence.

Point being we all are "losers" :p

Back